Shall I feel hungrier afterwards if I lose more weight?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Shall I feel hungrier afterwards if I lose more weight?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AntonioMS 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi, I’m very enthusiastic about the fast diet and I’m now losing weight as I was something like 3.2 stones overweight. However, there’s a big doubt I’d like to get some wisdom about…:

To make it easy to understand, here’s my question:

Shall I feel hungrier after losing 3.2 stones (to my ideal weight of 79kg) than if I instead lost 2.5 stones?. I mean if I’ll feel hungrier in the months or years after my weight loss while keeping my weight constant (not during my weight-loss, which obviously makes me hungrier).

My idea is, maybe it’d be better to lose 2.5 stones and preserve some of my fat (which will show as a bit of a belly) so I won’t feel as hungry from them on, as if after getting to my ideal weight my body rebelled against that lack of fat and was willing to regain it.

Any experiences on this?
    Any help much welcome.

AntonioMS,

Best of luck with it. I’ve been doing this for 6.5 years now, initially losing 2st 10lbs in the first 6 months and then kept most of it off ever since. I’m not sure if your body can rebel as such, especially after losing so much weight to begin with. I certainly found that my appetite naturally got smaller in just a few weeks after starting 5:2. A plateful I’d previously considered normal suddenly seemed ridiculously large. I’m pretty sure my stomach actually shrank a bit so that I felt full earlier.

I think much also depends on what basis you’ve chosen 79kg as your ideal weight. What does that mean for your BMI? My personal aim is 78.6kg, to give me a BMI of 22.5. At the moment I am generally around 80.5kg or less, which give me a BMI of 23.0. Both are well below a BMI of 25 which is the top of the healthy range. So if losing 2.5 stone gives you a BMI under 25 and you are comfortable with how you look and feel I’m sure that would be fine. If it’s more than 25 then there could be some negative health implications and it may be better to aim for a loss which gets your BMI below 25.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Mr. Data

Thanks a lot for your answer, it’s encouraging to share a bit on this.

I’m 1.87 m tall and aim to 79Kg (no belly at all and relatively fit). I’m 55yo and feel that I find it easier to gain weight that let’s say, ten years ago.

I feel much better now and I like this. I’ve always been a relatively self-disciplined individual, so I think I’ll keep on. However, I aim to be realistic, so I’d like to know if my tummy will generate even more of the Ghrelin hormone if I lose more weight (this is the hormone that makes you feel hungry and aims to recover the lost fat).

This article explains what I said:
    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2018-02/nuos-wyf020618.php

Cheers
    Antonio

Antonio,

Thanks for the extra information. By coincidence you are the same age and height as me.

My personal experience, which is really all I can refer to, is that I have NOT suffered permanent hunger pangs at all. Some Fast Days are still a little harder than others but drinking more water or coffee usually does the trick.

Reading the article the test group were all described as being morbidly obese. i.e. had a BMI of at least 35 and probably 40. My starting BMI was 27 and from what you’ve said yours must have been about the same. I think you’d therefore be very unlucky if you suffered the same biochemical reaction as those who were far, far more overweight to begin with.

I guess that in the end the only way to know for certain is to do it and see what happens.

All the best,

Mr. Data

Thanks for that. I love doing this and having other hobbies and being always active helps. Even doing this you may fall ill some day but this sure will either avert or delay any bad news to our bodies.

Now I’m losing about 1 kg each week till I reach my best weight and it’s not easy.

Wish you the best,
    Cheers

Antonio,

How long have you been doing it? It’s a little bit hard for to remember now but I think after about 8-10 weeks I found the fasting had become quite easy – especially if I was busy on the day. By that time I’d lost 6.1kg, at a rate of about 0.75kg per week.

I certainly felt a lot healthier very quickly after losing the weight.

Stick with it and best of luck.

Mr. Data

I started on 06/03/2019 so it’s 3 months 11 days or so, I started weighing 104Kg and I’m now on 84Kg, so I’ve lost around 1.48 Kg per week. These last kilos are a real struggle to lose, but I’ll do it no matter what.

I find it surprising to hear you didn’t find it a bit hard to shed those kilos, this stuff to me is a real exercise in self-discipline, the more so to stick to it in the long run.

Thank you.

Antonio,

You’ve done brilliantly so far. Losing 20kg is quite an achievement. I only had 16kg to lose. I guess that for me it has just become my routine. I’ve also never been a great foodie – my wife would say I eat to live rather than live to eat. It’s just I’d started eating too much and moved from walking and catching a train to work to driving instead, thus being a lot less active, but without reducing my calorie intake.

Remembering I am only ever 24 hours at most from eating what I want usually sets me straight if ever I am tempted.

I’m away for a while now. No fasting for 3 weeks whilst on holiday, so I’ll almost certainly be a bit heavier when I get home. The good thing is I know it will come off again once I’m back home.

Keep it going and all the best.

Ahá!, I agree with that attitude. I remember this Sunday. It was my daughter’s birthday at home and had planned to eat just a little of this and that (the reason being that on Friday I’d eaten too much as usual). I’m glad to say I was wise enough to call that off and ate and drank all I wanted and had a memorable party, best in years. I know I’ll lose all I gained, I have the will-power, no problem about that.
    I’m reading the 800 book now, hope it helps make it easier, I couldn’t find time to read the other older two Mosely books I got, hope this one shows me enough, I don’t have much time to read all this.

Thank you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.