Sedentary exercise

This topic contains -2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gringle 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Due to chronic lower back problems I find it difficult to do exercise.
    Can anyone suggest any HIT I can do whilst seated please

Chair Yoga might be useful to you to become more flexible and less in pain. Then perhaps you can move to Tai Chi.
    If your lumbar pain is caused by ‘lordosis’ [extreme curvature of lower back], then there are some good, easy exercises for that which did me a world of good. To know if you have lordosis, stand with your back to the wall, shoulders and fanny touching it. Can you slip your hand [or maybe both hands] between the small of your back and the wall? Then you have ‘lordosis.’

If you live in England you can buy a series of chair based exercises called ‘Move it or Lose it’. I bought mine on Amazon. They do run classes in some areas and some NHS authorities are prescribing the classes for individuals who need to strengthen their muscles but are not fit enough to go to conventional fitness classes.
    I am currently doing the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet to reverse my diabetes but plan to go onto the 5 : 2 diet once my 8 weeks are up. I have painful arthritis so these chair exercises look like a good way to ensure I gain some muscle strength. Good luck.

I’ll give it a try, thank you for the info. I’m doing the 5:2 snd have lost just over a stone in 8 weeks. Good luck with reversing your diabetes. Let us know how you get on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.