Restarting after 2 years to loose that last bit of weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Restarting after 2 years to loose that last bit of weight

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Myggan40 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello all
    I have been on the 5:2 Fast ‘Diet’ since January 2014 and it’s worked really well for me.
    I am a 42 year old female – 160cm (5ft2) with 2 young children. I work full time since Dec 2014.

During 2014 I lost 20 kg overall which brought me down from my heaviest ever weight of 85kg (13st3) to 65kg (10st2). Quite close to my goal weight of 60kg (9st4) but not quite there. During 2015 I wavered up and down but got down to 60.8kg (9st6) in August. During the autumn I put on some weight as I didn’t prioritise my exercise and with Christmas and New Year I found myself back on 65k by January 1st 2016.

So what I need now is a re-boot to get myself down to that elusive 60kg mark that I have been striving to reach for 2 years.
    I generally fast on a Tuesday and Thursday and since I got back into the FD’s last week I have gone down to 63.7kg (10st).

Anyone out there in a similar position? Any hints and tips for non-fast days (which are my bugbears – still) and how to make sure I incorporate exercise? I know I need to include this in my weekly routine but at the moment I only do Zumba for an hour on a Saturday morning.

Thanks!
    Lotta

Hi Lotta,
    My 5/2 story is similar to yours. It worked great for me, then I drifted, gained 7 pounds, now I’m making the 5/2 a way of life again. Every day, especially the non-fast days, I find it important to record everything I eat. I use an App called Lose It (which also tracks nutrition). For various reasons, I find that I must not exceed 1200 calories on non-fast days. I try, whatever the day, to plan to eat food that’s interesting, nutritious, and hopefully delicious! Carry On! Moggie

Hi Moggie

Great to hear from you. Lose It sounds good. I use MFP (My Fitness Pal) but I only log my fast days in there at the moment (as well as my weight progress and exercise). Maybe I should start logging my non FD’s again.
    I used to do that in my first year but then got out of practice.
    I’m the same as you in that I need to stay under 1300 cal on non FD’s and I don’t think I am at the moment. 🙁

Thanks for the push in the right direction. I will re-start the non FD logging as of now – starting with today’s lunch 🙂

Lotta

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.