question regarding caloric value of certain foods

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
question regarding caloric value of certain foods

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vinelust 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I recently noticed that according to the Fast Diet Book calorie counter, Quinoa is listed as 100 grams = 375 calories- is that un cooked or cooked quinoa?

Then when I googled the calories in 1 cup (185 grams) of cooked Quinoa the result was 222 calories.

I’m confused. I use google to figure out calories since the other apps I’ve used are confusing and vague. The quinoa question is an example. Why would one count the calories in uncooked Quinoa? Who eats uncooked Quinoa?

Can someone clarify?

thank you!

Most grains have a similar calorific value when raw ie rice, quinoa etc all have around 100 calories per 28g/ounce therefore it is 375 uncooked.
    The amount of fluid that grains absorb during the cooking process will vary, so an uncooked value is the most accurate which is important if you only have 500 calories.

Amazon, thank you for your response, but I’m still confused. I cup of dried Quinoa, Rice etc will yield 3 cups cooked (because of water absorption)- so does that mean that the the 375 calories for 100 grams (dry) is now 375 for 300 cooked?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.