Psychological effects of intermittent fasting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Science of intermittent fasting
Psychological effects of intermittent fasting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• ***If you are thinking of starting the 5.2 diet please email me at ucl.fasting.research@gmail.com to participate in my research study***

I am investigating the psychological effects of intermittent fasting in healthy adults by comparing how they answer certain questions about mood and eating behaviour before and after starting the 5.2 diet. Participation will involve completing some online questionnaires on a weekly basis for four weeks. You can participate from anywhere in the world as it all takes place online.

All participants will be entered in to a prize draw to win one of 13 Amazon vouchers (£20, £50, £100)!

Email: ucl.fasting.research@gmail.com

I wouldn’t fast deliberately if you paid me! I sometimes don’t bother eating because I’m not hungry, but this is only occasionally. Fasting under medical supervision for type 2 diabetes might be useful, but fasting just to lose weight doesn’t suit everyone. I felt ‘spaced-out’, irritable, physically fatigued, naggingly hungry despite feeling ‘full’, virtuous, ‘thinner’, and ‘happy’ and achievement-oriented (to be an intermittent faster).

Now, when I skip meals with some vaguely virtuous reference to ‘fasting intermittently to lose some weight’, I end up ratty, hungry, struggling to avoid cakes, pastries, chips, and so on (even sandwiches), and frequently determined to overturn the fasting trend by heartily enjoying goodies such as chocolate confectionery, buttery biscuits, slices of cake, filled white baguettes and paninis, cream (real, double) desserts, and cheesy fillings and toppings.

My advice is: don’t fast so much

I really do enjoy all those things mentioned above. If we can have real cream, real chocolate, real sugar, real bread, real butter, real cheese, we’d tend to feel alot happier and more satisfied – a win-win outcome.

@daisybouquet it sounds like you have a serious sugar addiction. You should look at cutting down on the sugar and then you might find fasting a whole different experience.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.