Popcorn?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  YvonneB 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hey I was wondering for fast days if anyone find that despite not being the recommended low carb choice, if you eat popcorn for part of the 600, or 500 slotted calories? I see why low carb would be the suggested, but based on other diet experience I feel like you’d still lose weight with popcorn since you’re not going over 600 that day. Anybody have luck trying this before?

I don’t necessarily eat low carb and I reached my goal practicing 5:2. I tend not to eat grains though and derive most of my carbs from nuts, seeds, vegetables. If I ate a small amount of popcorn, I’d just crave more end up eating more than the 500 calories on FDs. That’s me though.

Thanks Lael, that’s helpful😄

🙂

I just started a few weeks ago, but I’ve found Orville Redenbacher’s smart pop to be a lifesaver. It’s 100 calories per bag.

Take some of the Plain pop corn and chew it in your mouth. How long before the pop corn starts tasting “sweet”? The simple carbs have been broken down into maltose in your mouth. Shortly after entering the stomach the maltose (two glucose rings) will be broken down into glucose. I suppose if it stops you eating refined sugary things then its a good thing. 100 grams of popcorn = 375 calories. 65 grams of almonds = 375 calories. I know which one I prefer.

Kenya, I’m with you. The popcorn really helps. I have a hot air popper and really love it! It’s very filling and satisfying.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.