PLEASE HELP!!! no weight loss but weight gain….

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
PLEASE HELP!!! no weight loss but weight gain….

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  heavens-hazzard 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello fellow 5:2ers!

I am unsure as to why I lost almost 5 pounds the first 2 weeks only to go right back to my starting weight the end of the 3rd week.

Before I started 5:2 I normally ate roughly 1200-1500 calories a day plus exercising 3-5 times a week for 30-60mins. But I did go through a year where I ate very little(pretty much put my body into starvation mode)and I didn’t lose anymore then 5pounds which I have put back on this past year. Don’t know if maybe I wreaked havoc on my digestive tract??!!!!

After beginning 5:2 I was under the impression my calorie intake was too low so since I began 5:2 I have upped my cals to 1500-1800(even though I feel fat eating so much even though my choices are healthy, I think it may be my mentality on food and body image). My BMI is 25.8 my BMR is 1450 and my TDEE is 1987(I chose the lower activity level just in case).

I always calorie count so I know exactly how many I consume each week and this past week I calculated a total consumed of 9949 calories which I thought was ok but maybe I am wrong????!!!!

On fast days I am usually under by 50 to 100 cals which I thought was a good thing. I am now considering 4:3. I only have 20-25 pounds to lose and was hoping this would be a good lifestyle change that would slowly get me to my goal in 5-6months.

Can anyone please give me some advice or encouragement or let me know if this is going to be a waste of my time.

ps
    oh I also have one cheat day where I probly go to 2400 cals, but that’s only 1 day a week and I cant give that up cause where am at right now in my life I need a little break from everyday life. the cals are so high cause I consume about 4 glasses of wine sometimes 5…….lol

First couple of weeks weight loss can be put down to water weight loss, rather than fat burning – it always happens at the start of a diet and there will always be ups and downs with the scale.

I go by the general rule of: if you want to loose a pound a week cut 3500 calories a week, if you want to loose two then cut 7000.

But I am a fast tracker (at the moment) so whatever works for you.
    I eat around 1100 calories on non fast days apart from fridays 🙂 and I am loosing about 2 pounds a week.

Maybe cut your non fast calorie intake down, work out your weekly TDEE, then take 3500 (or 7000) and then work out how you want to space those calories for the week, so that you make sure you have enough for your cheat day without tipping the scale.

SparkleRay – I would say, straight off the bat, you should see a doctor. If you feel like you may have put your body into “starvation mode” then you need to make sure you are healthy enough to attempt 5:2. Also, as your BMI seems to be in the healthy range (not that it is a concrete form of health detection of course) I’m a little unsure why you have so much weight lose? See your doc.

Heavens-hazzard 1100 on non-fast says? Bloody hell. That is not a lot. Are you sure you are hitting required nutrients on that? Is that on the advice of doctors? You could really hurt your body putting that little into it.

Posts like these scare me a little. At the end of the day, any diet and/or exercise regime you take up should be for your health. Not to hit a certain number on the scale or to look a certain way. I don’t mean to sound in any way judgmental or preachy – but after many years worrying about numbers on scales and dress sizes, I feel so much happier going for health – and 5:2 has health benefits above and beyond weight loss. So yes I too want to shift a few kg, but not at the expense of my health. Just some food for thought (pardon the terribly pun)

I have a nutrient tracker and I always get what I need in a day – I have also spoken to a nurse, who said as long as I get my nutrients and such then it isn’t an issue.

Bear in mind I am not even five foot – and 20.

I’m really not sure what nurse would advocate eating 1100 calories five days a week and then 500 two days a week. I’m not trying to have a go at you at all, you’re only 20 you don’t want to hurt your body – you’ve got to live in it for a long time yet. I think nurses are fantastic – but they aren’t doctors.

Also, your calculation about losing a pound a week is actually for a kilogram or about 2.25 pounds. I only put this in, because cutting out 7000 calories a week is enough to lose 2kg a week. Which is a lot. I’m not sure where this idea of ‘fast tracking’has come from, as it isn’t in the Fast Diet books. Even the Fast Beach Diet doesn’t advocate that.

Basically, I say this being a woman who has obsessed about all of this stuff, please, please be careful.

Hi

I’ve also had the same problem with no weight loss. I am in a healthy bmi weight but know that I have a few more kilos to lose. I am also pretty active and am not seeing results on the scales which is very frustrating. I am eating below tdee on non fast days also and occasionally have a blow out with alcohol one night a week, so I’m wondering if it’s the alcohol. I am 5 foot 11 so fairly tall but still think I am eating very healthy on my non fast days. Frustrating :-/

There are many people on here who have cut even lower than me – It is a system that works for me and doesn’t damage me in any way.

You can put me down about it all you want, the only person on here who knows about my health and well being is me, so enough with the judgement.

I came on these boards for support, not to be preached at.

Also, I am not ‘obsessed’ over loosing weight – you have no right to judge me, and honestly just because I am loosing a good amount doesn’t give you the right to make me feel bad about it.

I am not going to use these boards anymore.
    Good luck with your losses

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.