Only Protein Shakes on Fast days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
Only Protein Shakes on Fast days?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am a college student taking summer classes and I was wondering if it would be OK to drink nothing but protein drinks on Fast days. I’m talking about the powder kind. The one I have is 150 calories. This would make my day easier since I have 2 hour lecture, a lunch break and then 2 hours of lab. I also try to fit a workout in and then study. So I would drink one serving for breakfast, one for lunch, one before my workout and then one after my workout totaling 600 calories for the day.

Hi MXA
    Wouldn’t you be better off sticking an apple in your bag? Travel well, very sustaining, good for your jaw (can be a problem not chewing on fast days), only 80 cals and contain natural fibres to keep your system healthy. They are a brilliant fast day take away food. Nature’s own.
    Good luck. PVE

Hi mxa6895, you can do what you like with your calories on a fastday. I have 1 protein shake after my 2.5-3KM fastday swim (mine’s only 70kcal though) and to be honest I probably don’t actually ever NEED anything more than that on a fastday (I don’t eat until after work & my swim so ‘dinner’ is usually at about 8pm on a fastday) I just eat the rest of my calories in the form of cereal and a piece of fruit because I like cereal but never have breakfast anymore, so it’s actually a treat for me on my fastdays.

Try stuff out and see what works for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.