Nut and seed allergy or intolerance

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Nut and seed allergy or intolerance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Beva 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Is it possible to follow the 5:2 fast plan if you cannot eat nuts or seeds. I’m not actually allergic to these, but do have kidney stones and have been recommended to avoid these. What would be good substitutes for these in recipes?

Hi Barbranne,

I’ve been doing 5:2 for almost 8 years now and neither nuts nor seeds have paid a big part in my menus. On my fast days my evening meals have always been 2 poached eggs on unbuttered toast or 2 rashers of bacon with baked beans on unbuttered toast. I know it wouldn’t suit everyone at all but I’ve been quite happy to use those same two meals on my fast days since I started. On both days breakfast is either porridge with blueberries or granola and yoghurt with a small helping of fruit at lunchtime. I don’t know if this helps you much, but best of luck with it.

I’ve a nut allergy and don’t eat seeds as texture too similar to nuts! I haven’t found any problems not eating them and I would take a multivitamin to ensure I get essential nutrients as nuts are so good for you. It’s a shame all the fast 800 shakes have almond flour in them. I can’t have them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.