Not losing weight (in second week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Not losing weight (in second week)

This topic contains -6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  timmothysmith01 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi folks

I am at the end of my second week on pretty much 800 calories a day and the last 3 days of weighing in, my weight is the same. I have lost 4.2kg in last 12 days.

Is this normal?

I am also doing TRE 16 hours fasting, 8 hours eating

I am surprised at how I am not continuing to lose weight…..

Your thoughts would be appreciated. 🙂

Take a look at Warning 3 in the first post here https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/ – plateauing for a while is very common.

In the FAQs there is also an answer to the question “What do I do if I’m not losing weight?”

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem

Many other factors can be responsible for stalling of weight loss even while maintaining a strict calorie deficit. But the most likely possibility of all is not really being in a calorie deficit. This is caused due to miscalculations, approximations, inconsistency and underestimation of calories while eyeballing portions. Other than these, increased stress levels, water retention and metabolic adaptations could be causing temporary halt in your weight loss journey. What I’d suggest to resolve this is reworking your numbers, tracking your foods more accurately, working towards better managing stress and utilizing diet breaks to not completely fry your metabolism. Hope you get through this plateau mate!

Hi and thanks for your posts. I have continued to lose weight now and am almost at my desired weight. The suggestions were good – portion control is important and also there is a variation i noticed in weight from day to day.

I am wrapped that I am almost now at my desired weight.

I made a small change to break up staying on the Fast 800 for weeks so I now fast during the week and then Friday through Sunday night – I have a break.
    This gives me the freedom to relax and enjoy more variety.

Brilliant. 🙂

Even if you consume the same number of calories that made you lose weight, your slower metabolism will slow down your weight loss. You reach a plateau when the number of calories you consume and expend is equal. You need to either improve your physical activity level or reduce the number of calories you consume in order to lose more weight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.