Not losing weight and disappointed

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Not losing weight and disappointed

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nona29 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi I am fifty years old and weigh about 9st 7. I’m five foot five so not considered overweight but wanted to get back to my optimum weight for my build of around nine stone. I used to naturally thin and am small build but since having children and getting older, I developed love handles which won’t shift regardless of exercise or diet. I calculated my normal eating habits and was surprised that I only eat around 1200 calories on a normal day as I have always eaten a healthy diet and don’t eat wheat. I have been doing the fast diet on the 500 allowance and eat between 1200- 1600 on normal days but haven’t lost an ounce of weight and feel disillusioned. I don’t feel my body shape has altered either but it is early days. I do half an hour of brisk cycling daily and am very active generally. Can anyone advise why I’m not losing anything. Thanks

Hi and this may be completely left field, because I have no qualifications whatsoever but; it may be that the difference in calories is not great enough to show immediate results; and it took a ‘while’ for me to show any weight loss at all. The body does that, it needs to get used to different eating routines. I’m now showing a very, very gradual weight loss – which I’m told is how it should be – and I’m now going full bore at the fasting . Trying just herbal tea today – please wish me luck and don’t, whatever you do, get disheartened 🙂

If your normal eating habit was maintaining your current weight on 1200Cals a day, then why have you increased this by up to 400 Cals a day? it seems like you are compensating for your fast day deficit in calories by just eating them the rest of the week, which defeats the object entirely. Don’t rely on TDEE calculators as they’re just someone’s best guess, if you know from experience that your tdee is 1200 Cals then try to stay within that every day, then your 500 cals on fast days will start to take effect. You could do 4:3 if you’re keen on fast results.

Actually I haven’t eaten 1600 at all. I mistyped. My average is 1000 to 1200. Strangely though as an experiment I had one day where I ate beyond my average and next day I had lost weight. I tend to think your body adjusts to your eating habits but some believe you should occasionally give your body a good feed to get the metabolism to burn. There are various schools of thought but no weight loss since the day I ate around-1300. Perhaps it doesn’t work for everyone.

Oh right, sorry. In that case (in theory!) eating approx. your TDEE on other days, your 2 fast days will give you a weekly Calorie deficit of about 1400Cals, so losing 1 pound should take 2.5 weeks. I agree with merbilefern (brilliant username) that this will probably be a quite slow process at this rate. Especially considering that, if you have a night out or a wedding or something, where you have a splurge on a few drinks/meal/pudding at say 3000Cals, this will neutralise your fasting a week or so – so an evening out or day off once a month would mean an expected loss of 1 pound a month. I’m not saying you do this btw, obviously, I’m just saying that, quite unfairly because of your low TDEE, it’s going to be quite hard to lose weight quickly. 🙁

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for your posts and advice. I am looking into the Leptin diet to see if that may work better for me. I think the problem with this diet is that I am not really overweight now and the less you have to lose the harder it is to lose it. I am sure it will work well for others though and a friend lost 4 pounds in her first week and is still losing steadily. I guess I eat too healthily to start with and can’t really compromise more than I do. I live on mainly fruit, veg and lean meat and fish with few carbs. Good luck to everyone here though and thanks again for your posts. x

Troupers, I am not sure if you will see this, but the Leptin diet looks good, other than the supplements they sell along with the diet. If you follow their food plan and exercise, you will lose weight.

Sounds as though you may be at a good weight for your height and build. If you just want to get rid of your love handles and get that slim and lean look back, just try Callanetics exercises. It’ll probably solve your problem and quickly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.