Not eating on fast days…

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Paddybear 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Hi all, I am into my third week of 5:2, however, I am finding it easier not to eat anything at all and just drink herbal tea and plenty of water on my fast days…Will this effect my results? Should I be eating the 500 calories on the fast days?

Hi Amanda and welcome:

The less you eat, the more you lose.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

I started the diet 5 weeks ago an have lost 22lbs so far which I’m delighted about but I saw your post and had to say I am exactly the same. The first couple of weeks I ate nothing at all on my fast days and found it relatively simple. But a couple of weeks ago I decided to try having my 600 calories but all it seemed to do was whet my appetite. By the time I went to bed I was starving!! So like you I’ll be continuing to have nothing but water, tea etc on my fast days.

If you read a lot of messages on these fora, you will see that lots of people find it is easier NOT to eat on a Fast Day. If that works for you, then you should do it. Just don’t add those 500 calories to the intake of the next day :).
    In our house, we eat on Fast Days and that works for us. Different strokes…

Thanks for that.

I find it easier and more effective to not eat at all for the 35 hour stretch.

Ikewise. A friend of mine has also started and thinks the same. Different horses etc.

I stared fasting from Sunday night at 8:00pm until Tuesday at 12:00pm then I do 16.8 until Wednesday night start fasting from 8:00pm until Friday at 12:00p, is this considered 4.3? I have done this for 2 weeks now and have lost 5lbs

I’ve just started my fast tonight and like you find it easier to not eat anything because as soon as I do I feel much hungrier.

Just starting out here myself (day 1!!) and was wondering the same.

I’ve had 300 calories so far today, but i think I’ll go better if I don’t eat at all.

Loving this forum already 🙂

Certainly seems to be a lot more than me then. That’s good. Cheers for all the replies guys.

I find it interesting that people talk about fasting when they are actually eating. When I fast I don’t eat and I don’t drink calories either. 🙂

Kind of the same. I am only on my second week do 5:2 and today is a FD. I prefer not to eat anything until dinner at 6pm ish. It seems to work for me, but I have had 5 x black coffee so far today and it is only 1pm! Is there a maximum amount of coffee I should have?

20+ years ago I drank too much coffee, it was probably around 10 to 12 cups a day. I would get headaches on the weekends because I didn’t drink as much then. That was too much coffee for me. We all have limits, but they can be somewhat different for different people.

Personally I think if you can’t go without it, then you are drinking too much. However that is a very personal metric.

Hello all. This is very comforting. I find it easier not to eat anything at all on fast days and was worried that it might not be the right thing to do. Seeing your posts has really encouraged me!
    BTW. Anyone else who’s receiving cancer treatment – my oncologist tells me that there is some evidence that IM can actually enhance treatment; mind you, you MUST check with your own doctors before doing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.