New to the diet- needs ideas

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
New to the diet- needs ideas

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GinfromGA 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone! I have been doing the diet for a few weeks now and I have generally had the same things on my fast days. I am getting bored now and I’m finding it difficult to find new ideas. I work in school so I ideally want to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day and the meals to be cheap and easy to prepare. Any ideas??

Hi Hels,
    The Fast Diet Recipe Book and Fast Cook have a lot of interesting recipes. I’m sure you can get these two books at a knock-down price from Amazon. Likewise The 5:2 Cookbook: 100 recipes for fasting, by Angela Dowden, is very useful. I use it perhaps more than the other two.

Another good source is the BBC Good Food website http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/ which has many really low-calorie recipes, including main courses well under 300 cals.
    Hope that helps.

thank you for that. I looked on the bbc food website but what I’m finding is that each of my meals need to be under 200 calories, I can’t find many ideas for those.

Salads and tons of veggies can be eaten cold and they don’t have a lot of calories.
    I only eat one meal on my fast days for dinner and that makes it slightly easier.
    Stef.

Hi hels12

If you have a tablet or smart phone Woman do an app 5:2 which has recipes all under 250 cals. Why do you eat 3 meals and 3 snacks? I also work in a school and I have breakfast, about 9 almonds at break time, if needed a few crudités at lunch, but not very often, and a main meal in the evening. That way without the crudités I am fasting from 10:00am till 7:00pm. Ali x

I teach secondary school, and my fasting days begin with a cup or two of fruit teas before work, and maybe one once I get there; some carrot batons, cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumber for lunch (or maybe a miso soup sachet if I want something a bit ‘heartier’); and loads of water during the day (I keep a large bottle on my desk); a cup of tea when I get home, then dinner around 6:30. Then, other than maybe a cup of Pukka nighttime tea, I don’t eat anything else until around 6:00 the next morning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.