New IFer- success so far!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New IFer- success so far!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  VibeRadiant 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, all! I started IF exactly one week ago. I have to do 2 days back to back because the work week is just too boring! But, success so far! My first week I was down over 3 lbs. I know some of that was probably water but, hey, I am already in my skinnier jeans! I only have about 20 lbs to lose, but have been plateaued for about a year, in spite of vigorous Zumba and step aerobics 3-4 times a week.

I do have to keep something in my stomach during the day because I take meds for chronic pain, but so far it doesn’t seem to hurt. It is hard at times to keep myself from eating but I do pretty good. I messed up on Wed. because the boss brought a pan full of sweets in from home! Too much to resist! But I watched it the rest of the night, and went to the gym that night, so got back on track pretty quick!

So, when I feel those urges coming on, I just think:

F lat
    A bs
    S kinny
    T ush

Hello fitnfast – today marks the end of week four and it’s weigh in day for me – down 6.4 lbs! I’ve got about 13 lbs. to go.

I have found that having my fast day calories in one meal at lunch time works best for me along with workouts on all non-fast days with one day a week fitting in two workouts (a.m., p.m.). I rotate circuit training videos at home 30 – 60 minutes long.

I was exactly in this same place 2 years ago in 2013 and had success losing weight and reaching my goal over that summer with 5:2. But then I guess I got too confident and did not do maintenance fasting. On top of that I came down with some sort of strange arthritis that affected my ankles for about 3-4 months and was not able to workout. So eventually I gained my weight back. But I know it works because I’ve done it before. This time I will be more mindful and if anything side tracks me again, I’ll need to stick to it even more and not give up.

I like your F-A-S-T acronym! I’ll be saying that when my tummy growls.

I love it!

F lat
    A bs
    S kinny
    T ush

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.