Need to lose 2 inches or I'll be walking down the aisle naked! – 16wks

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Need to lose 2 inches or I'll be walking down the aisle naked! – 16wks

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• I’ve never tried to do fasting. The few diets I’ve tried never seem to last. I actually eat healthily although my portions are too big and, although I have no added sugar, processed meals, fizzy drinks or what-have-you, I drink too much alcohol and every week or so I go ‘crazy’ and either eat a large chocolate bar or large packet of kettle chips!!!

My wedding is mid June and the dress I’ve bought won’t do up. I’ve always had a big bottom and thighs which I don’t mind so much but have started to spread around my middle – which is where I need to lose 2 inches. I’d like to continue this after the wedding if it works to get to my dream weight which is between 60 – 70 kilos.

I’m female, currently weigh 81 kilos and am 5 foot 8. I walk around an hour a day.

I’m going to use this to ‘check in’ weekly and am hoping to get some inspiring tips and motivation.

Thank you

If it’s alright, I’m going to put down what I eat on my fast days – do you think it’s sensible or will I not keep it going?

Today, Monday 15th:
    Cappuccino and an apple,
    Carrot and hummus,
    Courgette, chorizo, tomato sauce (with courgette pasta).

Pro – delicious, big supper.
    Con – starving until supper time!

Found I’ve forgotten to drink water – oops!

Hi Popzta and welcome:

Many people find eating one high fat moderate protein meal in the evening of diet days works best. It is best to stay away from carbs as they make you hungry.

Here is most of the information you need to be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

It definitely absolutely gets easier so there’s a very good chance you’ll be able to maintain this. You might just need a bit of will power in the first couple of weeks. My will power gave up a little while ago as his suit for our wedding fits so apparently he doesn’t want to diet anymore. I’ve started back up again this week to lose a pound or two before the wedding, I had to stop for a bit due to illness. He has already tried to ply me with cookies this evening! (Then he felt guilty when he remembered I was fasting).

Much easier having a goal in mind, especially as yours is kind of make or break! My wedding dress was too small in September so I HAD to lose the weight, I had no choice but have never successfully lost weight before until 5:2.

You’re right you need to drink! Potentially be prepared for headaches (bonus if they don’t happen) and also you might get cold on fast days.

Thank you guys – Simco – that advice and the links off it were great.

Realisation today (fast day 2) is that I have to be more organised with what food I have in the house.

It’s cold, I wanted something hot for breakfast and had a poached egg but there was nothing to have it on (except toast)… Looks like I’m not having lunch today!

Rather than splitting calories between three meals I find it easier to skip breakfast altogether, have soup for lunch and a “proper” dinner. The recipes in the book are really good. I drink water and herbal tea pretty much continuously, with a black coffee or miso soup if I feel the need of something tastier. It’s so much easier if you have a plan. I tend to decide exactly what I’m going to eat at least a day before. I wouldn’t like to improvise through a fast day.

I think you’re right – and definitely need to plan more.

1 week done, half a kilo apparently lost but it goes up and down by so much every day…

I’ve had an apple for breakfast, going to have a salad for lunch and a small but ‘normal’ supper.

Hi!

I have just started this diet today and looking for some motivation! I am excited about it after everything I have read. In the past the only diet I have tried is Slimming World and it is ruined right away if I am unorganised or unable to freshly prep something. so 5:2 seems like the best for me!

How is everyone getting on?

I get married in July this year and I would like to lose about 18 lbs and at the moment I am about 10 stone and a size 12-14. I would ideally like to be an 8-10 for the wedding and honeymoon.

Any hints or tips? Today I am fasting and have had a small roll with tuna (around 300 calories) and I plan on having a bowl of tomato soup for dinner to take me to my 500.

Excited to see results and I am going to try very hard! 🙂

Hi bride and welcome:

Here are many tips – hope they help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.