Muffin Top Workout

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• i will always combine anything w/ fasting

A recent study compared three groups–those who ate a reduced-carbohydrate diet, those who combined the diet with strength training and those who combined the diet and strength-training with cardio workouts–and found that a three-tier approach was the most effective strategy to decrease abdominal fat. It’s important to note that the exercises you choose and the effort you put into them really matter, says Marta Montenegro, a certified strength and conditioning coach who teaches exercise physiology at Florida International University. Instead of ho-hum treadmill-trotting and sit-ups, she recommends high-intensity workouts, which have been shown to be more effective at reducing the belly fat you can pinch with your hand, as well as the visceral fat that pads internal organs (which has been linked to metabolic disturbances and increased risk for cardiovascular disease and type-2 diabetes).

Montenegro put together this hard-core high-intensity workout based on the latest research, her work with clients and her own experience (that’s her in the photos; those abs don’t lie).

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/miracle-muffin-top-workout-223000456.html

“those who combined the diet and strength-training with cardio workouts–and found that a three-tier approach was the most effective strategy”

Glad that I’m in the 3rd group & it reinforces my thinking.

I don’t know what a muffin top is but I know it’s not good. It doesn’t sound like anyone would want to be described as that.

I read the article & any one of those exercises could be done with HIIT timing.

I have my own workouts & use HIIT frequently.

just checkmarking
    the
    Notify me of follow-up replies via email
    oh well i’ll go make my dinner & listen 2 a free book from my lbr
    on my super old mp3 😀
    while copy pasting ugh this reply 2 all
    now i wish i were a newbie 2 many 2do

Now that I know what a muffin top is.

I don’t think that I want one, or at least have a drastically reduced waist.

⚡️

Rocky, why do so many women show their “Muffin Tops”?. It is as bad as humongus fat men showing off their “manly belly”. ugh.
    Good Luck.

Since I have the aforementioned muffin top, way more than can be pinched, more like…..put in a backpack:.. , while otherwise
    being thinnish. I will try to incorporate some of the exercises into my routine.( At least I don’t display it in public.)Has any-one had success when it’s all concentrated around the waist?
    I walk/hike uphill 45″ most mornings, eat low carbs and do some strength training.

Mine has just slowly disappeared doing the 5:2. I have been running once a week, but that’s all. It was one of the first signs of change that I noticed.

Thanks annette52, I’m remembering hearing the midsection is the first to go, (also the first to reappear with weight
    gain). I’ve completed 3 fast days this week as a short term effort to jump start some weight loss, which has been staying
    about the same for a few weeks.

After the muffin top had shrunk and a waist appeared, I also noticed that the fat on my back was also shrinking. I now have a definite indentation on what might be one day a 6 pack….

Just remember that you have no control where the fat goes from and that as long as it is going, that is great.

I have found that the winning combination is to weigh myself once a week at about the same time of day, then measure my bust,under bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves and record them too. Finally try on lots of clothes and see how differently they fit. I have had lots of times when there seems to be little change in the numbers but suddenly clothes are hanging off me.

You may well be losing fat without it showing on the scales.

@couscous
    ” why do so many women show their “Muffin Tops”?. It is as bad as humongus fat men showing off their “manly belly”. ugh”

Is it possible that people should just wear a size larger in clothes?

Disclosure: I have a muffin top with 2 size pants smaller.

Saner minds should prevail.

@annette52

“I have found that the winning combination is to weigh myself once a week at about the same time of day, then measure my bust,under bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves and record them too. Finally try on lots of clothes and see how differently they fit. I have had lots of times when there seems to be little change in the numbers but suddenly clothes are hanging off me.”

My same point about wearing a larger size.

It seems that doing 5:2 for a year and not buying new clothes during that time, makes more and more sense to me.

Simpler, too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.