Menopause and 5:2 Regime

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Menopause and 5:2 Regime

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  daisybouquet 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anyone out there who is also a long time sufferer with hot sweats etc. Has fasting and the 5:2 regime shown any benefits for you? I am considering this as everything else seems to be futile, I’m constantly tired and fed up from 12 years of symptoms and in need of something new and positive to try. I know certain foods and alcohol are triggers which enhance the severity of the flushes so try to avoid them.

I have found a Tincture of Motherwort [Leonuris cardiaca] to be useful. Look in a health food store or at an herbalist’s. Haven’t found that 5:2has any affect on it.
    Good luck.

Hi,

Fasting did nothing for my hot flushes, but drinking cold water, and eating legumes, did! It’s not a done-and-dusted thing, as doing this didn’t stop the sweating altogether, but it seemed to help. I also needed to start my day by having some water. It wasn’t enough to drink some late in the day. I found legumes good, but a bit indigestible in quantity so I don’t eat them every day, but even twice/thrice weekly consumption might help. I think that it’s the legumes in particular that help, and the water cools me down and refreshes me. Without these I would be suffering considerably. It’s amazing what better sleep it’s possible to get just by being able to cut the severity of the night sweats. Btw, I don’t eat soya beans/edamame. I haven’t anything against them, I just tend to eat lentils, red kidney beans, borlotti, white cannellini beans, etc. Soya beans and products have the reputation for helping with menopausal symptoms, but I still feel the other legumes help me.

P.s. It could be that it’s the wholefood that helps, by helping stabilise blood sugar… perhaps I’ll experiment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.