Low Calorie 'chips'

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  spanglesx2 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone, I am still new to 5:2 and so therefore still finding my way around calorie counting (something I have never done in the past) and I came across a recipe for *whispering* Slimming World chips – it said that in a 227g there is only 85 calories?! This sounded too good to be true…does anyone know if this is rubbish or correct?

Thank you.

@agurl78 I would have to say this is wrong.

100g of potatoes have 79 calories so no way can 227g only have 85. Given that even ‘healthy’ home made oven chips need a little bit of oil .. that amount is around 200 calories.

xx

@agurl78 Slimming World call a lot of the stuff on their list ‘syn free’ but it doesn’t mean calorie free. It’s just the way they set up their diets. What they call ‘green days’ tell you that pasta, rice and potatoes are ‘free’ foods but they are actually carb and calorie dense. i’ve never been able to figure out their thinking.

xx

@sylvestra Thank you for clearing that up! I did think it sounded too good to be true! I really dont know who added that 227g = 85 calories on MyFitnesspal?!? It did have me baffled.
    Thanks again 🙂

Some of the things on My Fitness Pal are way off beam! People add things but get them wrong. It’s a pain but sometimes, if there are duplicates, you have to look at a few of them to check. 100g salmon fillets goes from 85 cals to 320 depending which entry you look at.

xx

Newbie still getting my head around this..can anyone tell me could I used my actifry to cook 1 large potato as chips

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.