Low blood sugar levels

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cornish-jane 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• hi all

I have just embarked on a new round of 5:2 after returning from holiday and this time I bought a blood glucose monitor to track my blood sugar. I tested last night about 1 hour after dinner and got a reading of 2.9, tested again when going to bed and it read 5.4 and then tested again this morning on waking where it read 3.6. I tried to read up on levels to understand what it all means but am afraid Dr Google is getting me nowhere. I am 157cm (5 ft 2in), weigh 61kgs and am a 49 year female. It seems from what I am reading that my levels are very low. I’ve made an appointment with my doctor for the end of the month to talk through but would be interested in the communities opinions. Thanks

I am not a medical person but I check my blood sugar with a finger prick test out of interest sometimes and I agree two of your readings are low. I sometimes have very low readings which are errors, as the result is normal if I repeat the test. Just test error. But several low results would make me want to go to the GP for a checkup too, so sounds to me like you are doing the right thing.

Perhaps also look up the symptoms for low blood sugar and see if they right for you? And follow any advice on whether you need to seek more urgent attention. Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.