Looking for people to diet with 20-30yo

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Looking for people to diet with 20-30yo

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Catjj 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hiya,

I’m looking for a younger group to maybe buddy up with on our weight loss journey. Motivation, tips and updates to keep each other going. I’m from the uk but it doesn’t matter where you are from, this can be an online thing.

🙂

Hey,I’m 23 and from the UK as well, I’m wanting to lose at least 3 stone! Would be great to get to know you and keep eachother motivated?! X

Hiya yeah definitely! The amount of times I’ve tried to diet and failed XD need someone to report back to almost and cheer them on too! I’m 23 too and hoping to lose 2-3 stone. I find keeping to the food part difficult, I love doing Pilates and hoping to take up rowing regularly. Got my university graduation in July and would love to lose a good part of my weight by then 🙂

Awh, yeah I’m exactly the same! Food is my weakness! I love it way too much. Awh good luck with graduating! I never went to uni. What size are you? If you don’t mind me asking?
    I’ve taken up walking over the last month or so. I love it! I just wish the weather would get better haha! Xx

Thank you 😀 I’m a 12/14 bottom and 10/12 top. I’d love to get to a comfortable 10, that’s my goal! How about you? (If it’s OK to ask as well lol!) I know! It’s just so cold 🙁
    Do you use any apps? I use life sum atm but I also sometimes use myfitnesspal
    On a fast day today and I’m already peckish an hour after lunch 🙁 xx

Hi! I’m thinking of starting this diet, I have gained a stone in the last year and would really like to lose it! I’m 23 and have gone up two sizes. I’m barely 5ft and have basically a child’s body so I don’t look good at this size! I’m finding it really hard to motivate myself but I think tomorrow has to be the day! I have holidays coming up and I don’t want to dread every photo.

How do you all stay motivated? Have you incorporated exercise into your weight loss plans? Any advice would be wonderful! Thanks so much 🙂 xx

Hi efrj and welcome:

Motivation is up to you – you either really want to lose weight, or it isn’t that important. You have to make that choice daily. But if you actually do it correctly and lose weight, it is easier to keep going.

Exercise does not help with weight loss very much. It is pretty much all in the diet.

Here is the information you need to be successful on 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi! I’m 29 and want to lose about a stone before the summer. I’ve done 5:2 before and had some success but I moved abroad and have been enjoying eating and drinking without worrying too much! Now the summer is coming up and I want to be able to wear summer clothes without feeling self-conscious.

Hoping to get some inspiration by joining the forum!

Me! I’m 26 and over the last couple of years my weight has crept up so my BMI is in the overweight range (weight 83kg, height 175cm). I’m keen to lose at least 8kg to get back to the normal range and go on depending on how I feel from there. I’m a size 14 (occasionally 16) and would like to be a 12 consistently.
    Doing my first fast today. Have a half day at work so I think it will be quite an easy first day. Generally I am terrible at being hungry, I get cross and moody so am a bit worried about that but I feel motivated to give it a try.
    Am also trying to increase my exercise as do very little currently (although I ran 10km a couple of months ago). Went swimming for the first time in a while last night and found a pool which I like so planning on continuing with that twice a week and running once a week. I don’t think there’s any way I’ll be able to exercise on my fast days though, so will have to incorporate into my regular days.
    Just going to buy myself a scale now (currently weigh myself at work but about to change jobs) and a digital kitchen scale.
    I’m keen to know how everyone else is doing.

Hi everyone id love to be a part of this weightloss journey(im 24!). Im from denmark so ill be using kg as a measurement though. Anyways im 5ft1 (158cm)and my weight is 62 kg. Due to my height i want to loose around eight kg. That is how much ive put on over the last years as well. I hope this thread is still active?! Looking forward to hear about your experiences:)

Hi all! If possible I’d also love to join this group- I’m 25 and from Canada, so my measurements will be in lbs. I am 5ft6, and weigh now around 147lbs, I would love to get down to 125. I’m a very active person over the past couple of years, exercise at least 3x per week, and I make healthy food choices, but have always had trouble losing or maintaining my weight. I’ve realized that exercise is not the answer and came across the 5:2 and I am interested in trying it and seeing what happens. I look forward to starting tomorrow, and checking in with you to share our progress! 🙂

How is everyone doing? Unfortunately after about 3 weeks I had a change of job which involved loads of random shift work, constantly changing from day to night and back and I just couldn’t sustain it with all the planning. The upside was that my job was so busy that I lost about 4 kg just rushing around! Now I’m back to a more steady job and the weight has creeped back on so I’m starting back on a fast day today. Hoping to get a head start on Christmas so I’m not in such a terrible place in January. I’m a bridesmaid in May so really want to look great for then, aiming for 75kg (82 now).
    I would love to hear how others have got on, especially if people have done well as that would really motivate me!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.