Key Fast Diet Ingredients – Where can I find or obtain a consolidated list?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Key Fast Diet Ingredients – Where can I find or obtain a consolidated list?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  panchakarma 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi All,
    Just staring out on my 5:2 Fast Diet journey here in Australia after reading The Fast Diet book. On pages 230 to 233 it has a list of “Key Fast Day Ingredients” I was wondering where I could get a copy of this list to stick on my fridge. I could retype it into my own spreadsheet but I am sure there must be an existing list already done up by other Fast Dieters. If you have such a list could you send me a copy please my email address is as follows: ghstein@tpg.com.au

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Regards

Garth Steinhardt

Don’t know about that list, but here is my version of it:

Eggs
    Salmon
    Chicken/Turkey breast
    Shrimp
    Salad greens
    Spinach
    apples/Applesauce [unsweetened]
    Pears
    Bison meat [healthier than beef]
    Tomatoes
    Canned white or red beans
    Carrots
    Cabbage

Here’s a recipe for you, using some of the above:
    Meze Meal with chicken: 297 calories 5.8 g fat 6 g fiber 21.5 g protein 22 g carb 174 mg Calcium PB GF ‘Meze’ is the Greek equivalent of Spanish Tapas. Small servings chosen from multiple small plates which make it easy to eat on a hot Mediterranean night. Well, we don’t live on a vast inland sea, but we’ll take good low calorie, low fat, delicious food where ever we can find it. There are lots of good recipes in the book MEZE by Rosemary Barron.
    1/4 cup white beans ½ Tbsp capers 1/2 oz marinated mushrooms 2.5 oz tomato, cubed generous pinch Greek oregano 1.5 oz cooked chicken breast 1 oz mozzerella cheese [or use feta, same amount] 1 ½ oz lemon-marinated carrots marinade: 1 tsp olive oil + 1 tsp lemon juice + pinch of granulated garlic + pinch oregano
    Combine the white beans with the capers in a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes and the oregano. Slice the carrots into small logs or coins and cook until tender. Drain and combine with the marinade in a small jar with a lid. Shake well, remove the lid and let the carrots cool in the marinade. Attend to the shrimp by cooking it and removing the shells, if necessary. Drain the marinade from the jar and pour it over the shrimp. Plate the ingredients to please the eye.

Thanks for the information. keep sharing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.