Is ok to fast alternate days for a week or so before my holiday?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Is ok to fast alternate days for a week or so before my holiday?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I have lost a little over a stone on 5:2 but only a pound or two a week. But I am under 11 stone for the first time in over 20 years. I go on holiday in about 2 weeks. Would it be ok just to fast every other day. It will be 4 this week as fasting today Monday. I am going to keep the burn going in the mornings of the non fast days. Then eat and work out on most non fast days.
    I would really like to lose another 6 pounds before the holiday as I know I will be putting on around half a stone on holiday as I wont be fasting.

Lots of people do 4:3 which is basically alternate day fasting, so I say, go for it! I found it wasy to get used to and not harder than 5:2.

Nothing says you can’t ‘watch what you eat’ while on holiday…. When you get used to Fasting, planning a Fast Day from the buffet becomes easy. In the mean time, do the Alternative Day Fasting or do 3 Fast Days/week. The long-range goal is to lose weight AND to retrain yourself on how to eat sensibly.
    Have a good holiday.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.