Is my workout safe for fast days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Fast Exercise Getting fit
Is my workout safe for fast days?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Couscous 10 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I decided to fast on Mondays and Wednesdays, but that so happens to be my harder workout days (Legs). According to my heart rate monitor, I can burn up to 1000 during the workout, and I only eat 720 calories on fast days. This is my first week on the diet. The first fast day, I felt a little weak during my workout, but I had split up my meals throughout the day. Today, I waited til before and after my workout to eat, and I felt fine.

Is it safe to continue on this way if I feel fine, or should I increase the amount of calories I eat on fast days to be safe?

Hi mxa6895 and welcome to the 5:2 way of life. Unlike you I am a 65 yr old grumpy old man but like you I fast on Monday and Wednesday (and recently a Friday too). Also like you I work out on my fast days. I do either cardio or weights and flexibility. My cardio burn is between 450 and 500 cals in a 30 – 40 min workout and I feel no negative effects. What I would say however is to ensure your Fast Day work out does have a good portion of protein in your food. If your workout gives any negative feelings such as weakness consider lowering the intensity and use your fast day workout as a form of maintenance. Experiment a little until you find a suitable routine involving Fast diet and cardio. Check out the 5:2 hit fitness book for advice. We are all different, what works for me may not work for you but remember your diet and fitness regime needs to produce positive healthy results so please do a little research and experimentation. If there are no negative effects with your before and after eating routine then it would seem to work for you. The bottom line however is to seek expert advice.
    Good luck and keep us updated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.