Is a 12 hour gap the minimum?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone,

This is is my first week starting on the 5:2 diet. Only on day 3 and already see how it is sustainable – I was asked out for dinner tomorrow so i just took today as my 2nd fast day instead!

I’ve a question though – I’m a typical lazy student who gets up late, not 7am for a 7:30am sharp breakfast like everyone else seems to! So eating my first 250 calories generally tends to be around 11am, maybe even midday!

Are the weight loss benefits only present if i have this 12 hour gap talked about in the book, so i have to eat at 11pm/midnight or not at all, or can i eat earlier than 12 hours? On my first day I needed to be up early so only had my 250 calorie breakfast and when i went to bed earlier without my extra allowance I promptly had an awful nights sleep. Am i just going to have to grow up and get up earlier?!

Thanks!

Ollie

Hi and welcome:

You are confusing weight loss benefits with the ‘other’ benefits that might come with fasting.

From a weight loss standpoint, it makes no difference when you eat your calories. The way it works is you go to bed, get up in the morning and during your waking hours eat 5/600 calories at any time(s), go to bed, wake up and eat normally.

Here are some tips that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.