Intense pain

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi
    I have been doing the 16:8 diet for the last 10 days consuming approx 1200cals during my feed window. I have been eating nutritious foods nothing processed and have felt satisfied…Until this morning when I woke feeling absolutely dreadful my whole body was aching my calf muscles were sore feeling like they were about to cramp up, a mild headache but my mind felt really muggy and dizzy my stomach as in intestines have been cramping and just general exhaustion. This has been contestant all day I broke my fast early and have eaten even though I don’t feel particularly hungry and for the past 2 hours in addition to the other stuff I have been having quite intense kidney pain. Is this normal? Anyone else had this? Iv read that your body can feel painful when you it starts to utilise fat stores as main source of energy and that your kidneys need to work harder flushing toxins created as a by product of this fuel adoption. Is this correct in anyone’s experience and will it pass once my system has adapted or am I causing myself damage?
    Thankyou in advance

I would also like to add that I have drinking plenty of fluids I drink black coffee and water during my fast so I know I’m not dehydrated. I also haven’t done any recent excerise that would account for pain.
    Thanks x

Jem,
    Eating a healthy diet and decreasing your calories is unlikely to cause the symptoms you describe.
    I suggest you see your GP if you aren’t feeling better by tomorrow.

Hi Jem, I’ve been adhering to an eating window of 8-10 hours per day for about a year and it has never caused the symptoms you described.
    I agree with Amazon’s advice, if the symptoms don’t resolve quickly, get to a doctor.

I think is is also a timely a reminder to us all that just because we are on a diet, doesn’t mean that every symptom we experience is caused by it – it can be risky ignoring symptoms that could be of concern.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.