IGF-1 increase

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello,

I am doing intermittent fasting now for one year, taking two days in the week (monday and thursday) and I feel fine with it.

I took a blood exam before I started and my IGF was 198 µg/L. This value was already above the upper
    limit of the laboratory (177µg/L). Exactly one year later after consequently doing the 5:2 diet my IGF-1 was raised almost 25% up to 261µg/L….

I am concerned and my GP has no experience with this issue.

Are there more people with the same issue and is there any advice on how to proceed with this problem ?

Thank you so much.

Regards, Paul

I don’t know about this particular blood test, but I do know that others on this forum have reported differences in blood tests depending on which day they have the blood taken. So if you have blood taken in the morning you may find you have different results depending on whether the previous days was a FD or a NFD.

Based on the comments I’ve seen from others, I have made sure that my blood tests are done after NFDs only.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.