Huge improvement in my fitness

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Huge improvement in my fitness

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I staggered round my first half marathon (13.1 miles) in March this year. There were 2 goals, one to get round uninjured and the other was to complete it in under 3 hours.Which I did by 4 minutes. At that time I had been on the 5:2 since January and had lost 11 lb and around 3″ less of me.

I have just ran 12 miles in 2.5 hours, there is 23 lb and 16″ less of me now. I just feel so much fitter and healthier. Next weeks goal is 13 miles in 2.5 hours.

The half is mid Sept.I have decided not to fast for the next few weeks as I don’t want to compromise my long held rather bonkers goal of 2.5 hours.The next goal is to re-do the March half in 1.59 hours!

Not bad for a non sporty 52 year old that has been running once a week for just over a year.

congratulations! good luck for the next one, keep us posted on how you do xx

Well done! To really improve your running you should think about getting 3 or 4 runs a week in to improve your aerobic base. If you can get up to 30 or so kilometers a week your 2 hour half should be very achievable.

Thank you fast for life and Westozzybloke.

I ran 27 miles/43Km this week and am planning 21 miles/33Km this week, plus dancing twice a week.

I am running with my 23 yr old 6ft son at the weekend and go out on my own to try and get a little bit faster. He runs to my pace and I am trying to improve mine so that I can reach the hallowed 2.5 hours.

We are going to try and beat our PB for 5 and 10K this week plus 13 miles on Saturday.We really only have this week and next before we reduce the training right down for the half.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.