How much protein?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chuckk 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m confused!! In the book it says 50grams of protein a day is best. Yet in the recipe examples there are 140g of Chicken, 100g of salmon etc
    So which is it?? I’m new to this lark so either it’s me being a bit stupid or the quantities contradict each other 🙁

I’m not sure, it might be because 100g chicken for example only has 21g of protein so 140g chicken would be less than 30g protein – does that make sense?

What lottielastic said. 🙂 There are several websites where you can find what percentage of particular foods is protein. e.g. calorieking.com.au/foods, My Fitness Pal, etc. In fact, in Australia at least, the protein content has to be listed on the package of packaged foods (as opposed to fresh foods).

The protein question I have is with how much for weight training / muscle building types – fitness buffs I know are interested, but they’re building muscle and need to know the correct amount for their conditions, any help welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.