How much exercise required to be fit?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Fast Exercise Getting fit
How much exercise required to be fit?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  hannar56 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• The Department of Health and Human Services recommends these exercise for the adults:
    According to The Department of Health and Human Services, adults should do at least 150 minutes of medium physical activity in a week. And follow the plan of doing at least 75 minutes of strong aerobic activity in a week. You can do both of the physical exercises collaboratively.

Wish you all a healthy life
    PEACE.

Most important thing is, what is your goal?

-Fat Loss
    -Strength
    -Size
    -Conditioning
    -Health

Everybody is unique so how they respond to exercise will depend on many factors including age, gender, genetics and current physical fitness,” she says. β€œIn general, if somebody wants to exercise to stay healthy, choosing an activity that challenges their aerobic capacity and also allows them to build lean muscle – which not only supports their body but also will help with boosting their metabolism – would be my advice for both men and women

Understand that this is a process of growth and this growth is big because you are purposefully causing it, unlike everyday growth. You’re deciding how you want to look like. So take it seriously.
    Steps to follow:
    a) Set a goal first
    You ain’t getting anywhere in life without a goal. Write it down. Make sure that your goal is specific, don’t write down “My goal: Get Slim” (cause that’s totally stupid). Instead, write down in 2 weeks I am gonna lose ____ amount. This way your goal is realistic and timebound. Keep making your goals bigger as you progress.
    b) Workout under a good trainer
    Make sure you go to a gym where there is a trainer who knows the science behind every workout and learn from him. Don’t think that working out is the same as lifting a brick. It’s an Art.
    c) No setbacks
    Once you start the program, follow through no matter how difficult it gets. It’s worth the result.
    d) Stick to a proper diet
    Don’t just eat anything, be conscious of what you intake because everything matters.
    e) Take proper supplements
    Regarding this step, consult first with your trainer and take proper supplements.

Supplements? HealthyTripper, our MD says they are not worth the expense. If you eat the good diet that you recommend, you have no need of supplements.

Jamescurtis, definition of ‘fit’ and how to get there varies with age. What you are ABLE to do with your body as well as your weight determine how ‘fit’ you are. WHAT you do to get there is variable.

I’m with fasting_me on this, it is better to push nutrition through diet rather than supplements. There have been many cases where supplements actually do more harm than good, except to the people selling the supplements.

The key to building muscle is resistance training and not over training. It can be done many ways, weights lifting or even body weight. There are so many options, but the key is doing the work. I’ve found that working out fasted is often better than working out when eating. Protein is important but most of us get way more than our bodies can use just from diet. Push foods with high nutrition. I found that fasting has helped with that a lot. For example I wasn’t a fan of berries for decades and now on non-fast days I typically eat over 100g of blueberries and enjoy them. Many changes have happened. One doesn’t have to limit themselves to just kale!

Rather than taking supplements, I think it is simple better to avoid processed foods and eat more nutritious real foods.

For most healthy adults, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends these exercise guidelines: Aerobic activity. Get at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week, or a combination of moderate and vigorous activity.

In workout and lift weight in the gym 4 times a week. I follow push/pull splits in a week. Mon-Push, Tues-Pull, Wed-Off, Thur-Push, Fri-Pull, Sat/Sun- Off Days. Push – All exercises involving chest/shoulder. Pull – All exercises biceps/back. I finished up with abs exercises for 12-15 minutes.

At least 30 minutes a day isn’t it? Doesn’t have to be done all at once, can be divided into smaller physical activities that last 10 minutes if you can’t do it continuously for 30.

You have to exercise 2-3 hours regularly to stay active and fit.

I suppose it depends on your goal, mine was to lose weight after the birth of a child, and I had cardio training 4 times a week on the treadmill. Firstly of course I went jogging in the park, but I have a small baby and don’t usually have so much time, then I made a decision to buy a compact treadmill https://houseandbeyond.org/best-compact-treadmill/ for my living room, no excuses now. But I also try to stay active every day. Walk with my child, ride a bike..

Sometimes your usual way of life is enough. But if you are an honest office worker who uses an elevator, a car, and sitting in front of the TV after work, you need at least 3-5 hours of extra activity.
    and if you are super active in everyday life, then extra will be enough

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.