How many calories on my fast day?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
How many calories on my fast day?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  earlybird199 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am small,4ft9in, age 66. My TDEE is 1095 and my BMR is 913. I am eating the 500 on my two fast days, but wonder how many calories I should be eating on my non fasting days. Any advice for me? I walk 3 miles every day.

Hi early:

Wow, with your TDEE, weight loss will be slow. But it can happen if you don’t eat too much. (Your TDEE also explains why it might be easy for you to gain weight.)

To answer your question, you should eat about your TDEE on non-diet days. The ‘numbers’ do not show a rapid weight loss:

TDEE = 1095. Eat 500 twice a week, cutting 595 out twice = 1190 out of diet each week. 3500 to lose a pound. 3500/1190 = one pound loss every three weeks if you don’t eat over your TDEE on your 5 non diet days.

Here is some info on TDEE: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

I am finding it very hard to eat only 1095 on my non fast days. Right now I am fasting 2 days a week. Would it be better to fast 3 days a week? My only other option is to begin a regular exercise program, but I find thinking about that overwhelming at this point.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.