Helping mum and dad

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LJoyce 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, my mum and dad are 68 and 72 and although they don’t really eat that much most of what they eat comes out of boxes from the freezer. I’m going to stay with them for a couple of weeks and would love to introduce them to 5:2. Dad has been on warfarin in recent years although he’s not at the moment and mum had a hip replacement about a month ago. I’d like to introduce them to a healthier lifestyle. I don’t like to think of this diet as fasting as I spread my calorie allowance through 3 or 4 small snacks/meals through the day. My question is, will introducing them to two days a week of no processed food but two days of fruit, veg and lean protein be safe for their age and bearing in mind their recent medical complications?

Spoke to mum yesterday and she’s up for it. She’s done some diets in the past that must’ve left her pretty hungry so I think she’ll cope fine and she likes fruit and veg a lot anyway. We’re going to try to start on a day when dad isn’t around and if it goes well we’ll include him in day two. Anyone else trying to encourage family members to get on board?

test :pouting:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.