Help! Starting again ..!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Help! Starting again ..!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi – I did the 5:2 about 4 years ago and it was amazing for me, I went down to what I weighed when I was 18 .. I’m a middle aged mum now! I felt great and fit and very proud of myself. I maintained my weight mostly for around 2 years but now all the weight has gone back on again and most of my clothes don’t fit! I’m intending to start tomorrow- but am worried that I won’t be as successful as before. I just thought I’d see if anyone else had experienced this and any tips most welcome. I think my main problem is that when I did it before I was walking my daughter to school everyday and mostly up hill and now I don’t walk her to school so hard to get exercise in everyday.

I just want to wish you good luck and keep persevering… I am new to the FD and only on my 3rd fasting day tomorrow so sorry cannot give you any advice except keep on this site it will help support your efforts, regards Gill

DancingMum, you can do it! You know you can. As for exercise: park at the back of the lot; take the stairs; instead of eating lunch, go for a walk [eat an apple if you must]. Keep us posted with your successes and questions.

Hello!
    I started the fast diet earlier this year but then had a crazy summer which involved a lot of moving around and I didn’t keep it up. Now I’ve gained the half stone I’d lost and I really want to get back on track! So I’m also starting again 🙂 I need to lose a stone and a half for my health, but if I could lose 2 stone I’d feel amazing! Hoping the community on here will be motivation for me 👍🏻 X

Get back on the horse, penelope, and do the Fasting. It works and we are here for you.

DancingMum, how is the Fast going?

We are Fasting today: Curried Tomato Omelette with banana for breakfast. Fish Cakes for dinner, with 2 vegetable sides.

Hi Penelope- I’ve realised that my life has changed quite a bit over this last year, Mum has been unwell so driving a lot to see/help her, eldest leaving home to go to uni, and I think I need to really re-boot somehow and fit the exercise in – I have to confess I’ve only done the fasting half heartedly, quite hard at Christmas… but I did it before and resisted snacks, wine etc and kept it to weekends to have a treat. It’s willpower that I need:) I like the sound of curried omelette fasting _me .. it’s about being organised and having good recipes to fall back on – thanks for your encouragement 😊

Ahh I’m with you! I lost 33lbs in 5 months, back in 2015 (without doing a shred of exercise) and since stopping in May 2015, my weight has slowly crept back up. This was due to my own over indulgences so I only have myself to blame. I’m starting again – right before Christmas so I figure I must be a masochist – but if I manage to lose again, I think I might become a part timer – maybe one day a week to stop the weight creeping up again, especially after a big splurge.

The first time I did it, I definitely found that organisation was key. If I wasn’t organised, it all fell by the wayside. I do an alternative version as I found the 500 days far too difficult. I have 800 calories for 2 days and up to 1800 (maximum) the other 5, but generally stick to around 1600. It worked really well for me and the fast days weren’t quite as harsh.

I’m feeling very positive about it, because I know it works. I also love that I can eat with family/friends without the “diet” explanations and that I can have the occasional big pudding relatively guilt free.

Good luck!

Good job, Lizzy. Keep it up.

Lizzy sounds familiar, good to know that it worked for you without exercise- I’m feeling very unfit so planning to start some serious walking after Christmas! My will power has completely gone out of the window but can hear my motivational voice coming back – and it really helps hearing everyone’s stories and having that reassurance that fasting does work. 🙂 good luck over Christmas everyone 🎄

I reached my goal weight practicing 5:2 without having exercised at all. I had a health challenge that prevented me from exercising. Exercise is great, though was not essential for this to work for me. I shed 12 kg.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.