Help reg. belly fat

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  atcgirl 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Hi!
    I’m a young girl studying currently and lately I have been dealing with stress (which I know is one key to my problem) but also started to feel uncomfortable in my own clothes as I notice my belly have grown. To make it clear I’m not heavy (don’t weight much overall) I’m around 127 pounds (58kg) but the thing is I’m thin everywhere else (or the size i want to be) beside my stomach, i just don’t fit in my favorite jeans (basically) because of the belly. I have tried this last week to keep track on what I eat and turn more into sallads, but considering I both have a part time job and classes almost everyday for 5-6 hours then job for circa 4 I’m pretty overwhelmed when I get home and therefore won’t sadly always have time to prepare “healthy” dinners and sometimes it’s just easier to cook pasta, rice or whatever. My question is therefore do I need (considering that I’m not looking for to lose a lot of wait) be very strict with my diet or can I continue to eat pasta, potatoes, rice etc. as long as I’m avoiding soda’s and typical unhealthy sweets? I have to tried to google it and read about belly fat how to lose but it feels like those are more suitable for people who wants to loose a lot of weight.
    Thank you in advance

Afraid I have no advice as am in the same boat as you but wishing you luck.

I weight about 126 pounds and am a small uk size 10 but have to wear maternity jeans because my belly is so big. I have no idea how to shift it

Same problem, I was reading an article that recommended to skip among all things salt, black pepper, almost all spices in food, rice, potatoes, red meat well basically everything that one person eat beside sallads, which is great if one person have the time to prepare those meals or a personal chief 🙁 but however I think that you and I will se improvement when we start cutting out sodas,sugar, and fast food (i’m basing this on my self) those things must be heavy on belly.Try that and we’ll see if that works
    Wish you good luck!

I’m not sure how much I have the will power to cut out. Sugar and stress (cortisol) may well be the reason behind my issues.

I can definitely give up all sugary drinks/fruit juices and just have water – I only really have one every other day or so but that’s still too much. I only have wine at weekends but will try and cut back to social occasions only and also no fast food during the week, maybe once every other weekend at most.

5 days a week I fast all day from waking up until a normal dinner – have been doing this for a month and i *think* I’ve lost half an inch to an inch off my belly but I’m not 100% sure.

Hey, if it’s only your belly what to want to reduce, you won’t get it as you got to reduce the whole size of your body, but I think you cana also massage your belly with slimming oil or soap if you want. So the choice is up to you then!

I’ve often wondered about massage – blood flow to subcutaneous fat is rubbish meaning it’s harder to get rid of it. If massage improves circulation, would that work?

Although there are far to many articles on the internet stating that you can’t spot reduce fat……

Ooooh, I’m so annoyed.

A colleague has just told me I’ve lost too much weight, in front of everyone else. I was a bit speechless and didn’t know what to say! Unfortunately the moment has passed to I can’t really say anything now….

My BMI is bang on 21 and I have a substantial spare tyre still (am skinny fat, very little muscle) so I plan on losing at least another half a stone, taking my BMI to about 20. I’m sure she’ll have something to say if I manage it but weight loss is so slow now it’ll probably take me a year to get there.

secretlyfancy1 – have you had any luck yet? I’ve just hit 122.5 lbs and the belly is finally starting to shift…..

atcgirl don’t tell people at work that you are dieting, they simply will not understand, and it is personal to you.
    Certainly healthy eating will improve matters, and avoiding all the high carbs of rice pasta and potatoes has to be a good plan.
    It does not take much to prepare some healthy food instead once you get into it. Have you tried quinoa?
    I have always wondered about belly massage? Can’t do any harm trying!
    Best wishes with your quest!

Hey ABC1 – that would have been good advice…. but people notice when you’re dieting, especially when you turn down cakes/fast during the day – plus I’ve lost a lot of weight in my face.

I’m going to have to think about how I do healthy eating soon, goal weight and goal measurements are getting close so I need to think about maintenance. Unfortunately I can’t stand quinoa (it’s the texture) and high fiber grains are a bit too much of an assault on my IBS. Going to research some easy ways of doing healthy lunches all week – lots of protein and salad/veg and a small amount of carbs (unfortunatly they will have to be refined) I’m thinking a tablespoon or two of cous cous.

hi atcgirl, i had the same problem for a long time but now my belly is almost flat. I have been following a certain program but it takes time ,,,about two months or so,,, so you have to be patient. I will send you the link to the article so you can read it for yourself. 🙂

thanks millie312016 🙂

Hey guys, Im new to this…. so reading the thread it looks like there are a few success stories with the 5:2 targeting belly fat?

Im quite trim in my legs and arms but have a bit of a ‘wine’ tummy…… hopeing this new diet will work.

Also I am not quite making 2000 calories on Non-Fast days – can this effect the programme?

unicornfairy44 – I have to stick to about 1500 calories on non fast days – 2000 is way more than I need to maintain my weight. Have you calculate your TDEE yet?

Yes, I get a little confused by this. I worked out to be 1500 which is more like what I can handle.!!!

Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, but you’ll definitely not want to exceed 1500 calories on your non fast days, other wise you’ll probably gain weight! The 2000 is an ‘average’ TDEE I believe? I don’t think you’ll want to ever exceed your TDEE of 1500 calories for anything other than Christmas Day or a wedding!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply.