Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,912 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  Intesha 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,951 through 5,000 (of 28,016 total)

• G’day losers, that’s right CM, more west coast fasters needed to balance out the numbers – and join us for coffee this coming Friday for any Perth/Freo lurkers out there. It was a cold night, lucky you have the hairy one to keep your feet warm. When we start taking these greyhounds at the weekends, I somehow anticipate they won’t be quite as furry and cuddly as Charlie.

Welcome kiwi Nads. With this group to spur you on, you’ll be below 80 before you know it. Good to have you back Charlie G. You’ve come so far, I know that a kg blip here or there isn’t going to stop you from achieving your goal.

MK: I just want to get TO 60kg. That’s 135lbs and when I lived in California a hundred years ago, that was my weight as a 5 mile a day runner. I thought I was overweight then but when I look at the photos now, I can see I looked great. I’m also happy at 64kg to be honest but will stick to 5:2 for a while and I’ll either slowly lose more weight or be able to enjoy a few indulgences (but not both it’s apparent!).

Re: rolos, don’t worry, I don’t venture down the sweets aisles so no temptation there. My daughter spent 5 weeks backpacking round NZ in December; one of her kiwi workmates at her Saturday job had told her about lolly cake so she tried it and thought it was really great. All the best with the move and we’ll hear from you when you have a moment.

Hi everyone and huge welcome to all the newbies, the more the merrier. Boom and Nads it’s nice to have some others in the 80 + zone. I started in February at 87.1 and am now battling to get below that dreaded 80 mark. I saw 79 very fleetingly last week so I know it’s there somewhere and to enforce what CM and Thin say, keep on the forum no matter what, the knowledge and encouragement is invaluable.

Nearly the end of another FD, they do get easier but with this cold weather I would love to tuck into some hot chips.

MK I went back up to 81 after my high tea, I didn’t really eat much but I think it was the wine but you know what, even though I was disappointed I’m not beating myself up like I once would have done. This WOL has changed the stinking thinking.

Intesha, this makes me so happy to read! So pleased you’re being kinder to yourself and feeling more positive despite your disappointment. This WOL is so much more than weight loss. I hope you enjoyed every drop of that wine 🙂

Thin, are you taking in greyhounds? Are they rescue’s? Crazy that you thought you were overweight at 60kg, I thought the same thing when I was 60kg when I was younger. I was playing loads of netball at the time so no doubt had more muscle weight and I looked great! Oh to have that body back… 5kg to go! You don’t run anymore? I don’t venture down the chocolate and lollies aisle either, it’s the $1 snickers bars at the check out that call my name… Why can’t they keep carrots there?!

Thanks for the warm welcome! First fast day planned for tomorrow, bring it on! Now just need to not be obsessed with food all day haha.

Nads, you’ll be fine. Just keep yourself busy and the day will fly. Have some “emergency rations” on hand just in case you want to start eating your arm…..joking! Low cal soups are great backup. Our other kiwi mates can steer you in the right direction as far as which are the best brands. We all enjoy miso soup too and konjac/slendier/zero noodles (same dog, different leg action!) – but more about that later. Good luck and we want to hear all about it. Go Girl! FD for me tomorrow too. CM xx

Hello everyone !

Yesterday was my first day and it was harder than I thought but I made it and I actually feel so much better today my body feels healthy and I don’t feel sluggish or tired 🙂

Hi Kittypipps (cute name!). Welcome too you too! Blimey the newbies are coming out of the woodwork! It’s great to have you guys all starting together – see already there’s support out there! Congratulations on getting through Day 1. It’s empowering to know that you can do it. We promise, it gets much, much easier. Drink lots of fluids on FDs, as you are not getting much from food. Herbal teas, water, coffees, etc. You will be surprised at how much you can eat for dinner, if you’re careful during the day. Salads are your new best friend too. Get onto MyFitnessPal if you haven’t already, it’s pretty good at monitoring your calories and most of us use it. Measure yourself too! Most of us look forward to our FDs now, believe it or not! I will never return to my old WOL/WOE (way of life/eating) because anything that makes you feel this good, just has to be so beneficial health wise. Good luck everyone. Happy FD tomorrow for those Wednesday fasters. CM xx

Hi all
    Wow busy busy forum! There is hope for the over 80kgs- I started in January at 86 and now 14 kilos lighter- although I have stalled this last week. Kitty, on FD’s when I feel bad I remind myself about how good I feel the next morning when I know I have done it, I usually lose weight and I can eat, so all good.
    Lovely thing with this forum is the diversity- great to hear from Bay who has been maintaining a very slim self for months as well as newbies.
    CG sounds like you are doing a good job managing your recovery and well done on only a tiny weight gain despite meds.

AC, I didn’t realise you had lost THAT much. It’s terrific! The feeling you get the morning after a FD can’t be beaten, can it. I was carrying a 8kg bag of dog food the other day and then remembered that my body had been carrying that extra weight around until just recently. Yay for 5:2! xx

Good for you Intesha, your way of thinking has changed along with your way of eating.

MK: I look a heck of a lot better than I did this time last year – but that 64kgs isn’t nearly as good as 64kgs looked 30 years ago! Everything’s dropped! Never mind, with clothes on, it’s not too bad….you wouldn’t know about such things as you still have youth on your side. – Yes, they’re sort of rescue greyhounds, the vet school takes them in when the racing industry discards them, the students learn from them during the week and then they can bring them home at weekends to enjoy some home comforts. I believe once they’ve got used to living in homes (because they’ve only ever lived in cages), they’re eventually found homes to live out their retirement years.

AC: Crikey, that’s some weight loss! Amazing. CM, yeah, just imagine a kg bag of sugar strapped to to your belly. And you’ve lost 8 of them.

Welcome Nads and KP. FD for me tomorrow so lots of us on here to help newbies fasting. CM’s given lots of tips already. See how fast you became a guru CM? Keep busy. Go to bed early. Delay your first intake as long as possible, eat low GI foods that keep you full for longer. By about 5pm, you’re almost there and you can begin thinking about all the stuff you can have the next day – for me that’s a frothy flat white first thing. My FD dinner tomorrow is Thai Chicken Chilli Basil Noodles (Slendier of course!) 226 cals. It’s on the Slendier website.

Yeah Thin, I know the feeling….gravity sucks! Didn’t know about the greyhounds coming to stay. Your dinner sounds yum.
    MK, we have to go through the Kids Checkouts these days, so we’re not tempted! Looked at the Lolly Cake online….OMG I don’t think I could handle it. Surely my blood sugar would never recover!
    Intesha, what a great attitude. Have you come a long way, or what? So happy to hear you sounding empowered and ready to achieve more goals. Stinking Thinking! Love that you’ve kicked it to the curb! The same happened to me on the weekend – up 1.2 – but it’s coming off again, no sweat. We enjoyed ourselves though….
    Nite all. CM xx

Just checking in to make sure our new fasters are coping OK with their day. Of course you are! Let us know how it’s going. I’ve had a sleep in so that took care of the first two hours!

CM, after our beloved dingo died (found at Victor Harbour in an almost starved state and became our treasured family member for 15 years), we couldn’t bear to go through the death of another pet so we started a dog boarding venture. Allowed us to enjoy having a dog around whenever we wanted without any of the ties. Our fave, who we looked after for months at a time over four years, has now moved to Christchurch – devastating to put him on the plane but teen did visit him last December. She now wants to give these poor greyhounds a kind ending to their sad lives so we’ll give it a go. Anyway, what’s this got to do with fasting you ask? Absolutely nothing.

An update on my first FD – it’s 1.21pm and I’m doing pretty good. Fasting since dinner last night at 6.45pm. I’ve had 2 cups of tea with a splash of trim milk in it, just can’t cope with black tea. Was feeling quite hungry around 11.30am, just had more water – lunch time rolled around at 12.30pm so instead of suffering in the lunchroom with everyone enjoying their lunch, a colleague and I went for a 2km walk, am now back and feeling much better than I was before. I’m on my second piece of sugar free gum, I have a fear of having bad breath and find that it can be worse when I don’t eat anything. I am also one of those people that chewing gum completely kills my appetite, I know it’s not the best for me, but if it gets me through a FD then I am ok with that. Will post another update later on, if I haven’t eaten my arm off 🙂

Good job Nads! There are also benefits to exercising in the fasted state so you scored double doing the walk. I didn’t know that chewing gum could suppress appetite. I know that fasting exacerbates halitosis which hasn’t been discussed much on this forum. You probably already know this – but don’t forget to count the meagre cals in that trim milk, if there are any, along with the cals in the gum. Going as long as you can before eating anything has many benefits, but don’t kill yourself trying as you want to be able to sustain this WOL for life. Most of us built up to that over some time – I’ve been doing 5:2 since August and I still only go to about 2pm before caving in. But good for you if you can do it – your reward will be a substantial dinner and a longer fasting window.

Thanks Thin! I have read some other posts on this site re gum and it doesn’t have that effect on everyone – for some it makes them hungrier, but most definitely suppresses mine! Yep, I have counted the calories for the milk. I am aiming to wean the milk out of my tea or move to a herbal tea, but I think that for this first day, it has been my saviour! I’ve planned my next FD for Monday so I will try and go as long as I can with no calories. I’ve got half an hour of work left – managed not to get too hangry and scream at anyone today, so that was good – and then my son and I are going shopping so that will keep me busy until I can get home to cook and eat tea. Thoughts of tomorrows meals are already popping into my head haha.

You’re doing great Nads. Personally, I’m very impressed by those of you who can wait til the aftn for something solid….don’t think I’m that strong. Shall try a bit harder once I reach goal. Glad to see you still have your arm! Enjoy shopping and dreaming of tomorrow’s yummy foods.

Thin, don’t think halitosis has been an issue for me, as I’m sure OH would have said something. What about constipation – does anyone have issues with that? I was for a while, but all good now. Started getting into the carrots & celery before dinner and that fixed me up…& kept me away from the peanuts. So, a couple of nice subjects for everyone to comment on! CM xx

Yeah CM, halitosis, constipation, oil pulling…. no wonder everyone’s keeping quiet today! 😆

Nads, I drink a lot of herbal tea, I keep a good selection of Twinings to try, there are so many varieties that it’s almost like a treat. I missed my morning coffee so much on FDs as I couldn’t hack that skimmed milk, but then MK88 turned me on to the almond & coconut milk. It’s not ideal but allows me that morning coffee hit at only 22 cals for 80 mls.

What are you both having for dinner?

Hi Thin

I have found no problems with fasting provided I keep drinking 2 litres of water a day. I’m sure that OH and others would have commented if a problem. Some people report that things are not good for them on a fast day after they have indulged in sugars and carbs the day before. 😉

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Bay, found out the hard way re carbs, after overindulging on Mothers Day with pizzas (oh, & cake + cream) The next day (FD) I was ravenous ALL day.
    Don’t worry about the chewy, Nads. If it works for you, use it. You can start tweaking things once you get your routine established. Glad its all going well today.
    Thin, dinner tonight will be salmon, cajun zucchini & oven-roasted cauliflower & herbs.

Our other newbies are being awfully quiet… CM xx

Yum that sounds fancy CM. If we get enough people in Perth doing this, we can have 5:2 dinner parties.

Hi Bay, – or maybe your and CM’s OHs are just too polite! I read this: Locally retained bacteria metabolize sulfur-containing amino acids (cysteine, methionine) in protein to yield volatile hydrogen sulfide and methyl mercaptane. These gases have a foul smell and damage the surrounding tissue. Thus they perpetuate bacterial retention and periodontal disease. At night and between meals conditions are optimal for odor production. That is one reason why we develop bad breath while fasting. So eating regularly may help prevent bad breath. (Breath fresheners may help). Some people advise brushing the tongue, a practice common in India.

I do use a tongue scraper too as I think I had a problem before I started fasting due to my love of garlic and spicy Indian foods. Keep chewing Nads! And keep munching the carrot sticks CM.

OMG, now we’re talking about Tongue Scrapers – ick! Trust me Thin, OH wouldn’t hesitate to tell me if my breath was pongy!! Good idea for Perth 5:2 Dinner Parties, sounds like fun!

Hoping that a neighbour will join us for Friday Coffee this week. Just found out she started 5:2 a couple of weeks ago and is going fantastically well. She’s a nurse, so not sure about her shifts though.
    Remember all you Perth Lurkers out there, everyone is welcome. Come on, don’t be so shy, we won’t bite, promise! CM xx

Great, the more the merrier. What happened to NanaP? Wasn’t she a Perth loser interested in coffee? We promise not to talk about any of the above over coffee. Just food. And dogs.

It’s now 3pm and I’ve had nothing to eat still. Went and bought a kayak (gumtree) and OH helped a neighbour with a job so that took care of some more time. Just made an orange and cinnamon herbal tea to warm me up – flipping cold this week isn’t it CM?

I can’t keep up with all these posts, it’s great reading. Thin I don’t know how you do it, I’m with CM I Have to have something to eat. I always I have breakfast, 100g cottage cheese (low fat) and 100g frozen blueberries 139 calls.

Where does everyone live, which states. I know Thin and CM are WA, I’m Sydney but would be interested.

FD tomorrow so we will see what Friday weigh brings.

Intesha, I did start out with three small meals mostly to help OH who’s obsessed with food all day long. Agree, it’s hard to keep up with where people live and their personal 5:2 journey – I always encourage posters to complete a profile, then we can click on their name and remind ourselves. It’s a personal thing, you can add as much or as little information as you feel comfortable with.

No wonder you had a sleep in this morning….flipping cold is an understatement. Even Charlie didn’t want to get out of bed. Still got my uggies on and its 3.30pm!! AND you still haven’t had anything to eat….amazing! Just can’t do it, can we Intesha? I thought you were going to say Orange and Cinnamon muffins….my mouth had started to water, and then you went and disappointed me and said TEA! Oh well, back to my glass of water. What’s for dinner Intesha?? CM xx

Now that it’s nearly 4pm and we have our FD meals around 5pm, I may as well hold out. This will be a first. But I’m also thinking about an apple, does that fill you? Stop talking about muffins please. Yes, ugg boots essential. Heat’s on and it’s still cold in here.

Intesha, your breakfast sounds lovely. But I’d be panicking if I’d used up that many cals so early on in the day. While I know I still have them ‘in the bank’, I’m OK.

Survived! Feeling a bit jaded (it’s 8pm here in NZ) so I’m on the couch watching MKR….hmmm probably not the best choice for today haha. I had a delicious salmon fillet with a homemade slaw for dinner – came in at 479 calories for the day. I managed to do grocery shopping after work, unpack all the groceries when I got home and then cook 3 different meals for the family (don’t ask, trust me that is NOT the norm in our house!) and I still have both my arms haha. I’m pretty pleased with how today went, it wasn’t as hard as I remembered and I feel a real sense of accomplishment 🙂 I won’t go as far as to say I’m looking forward to Monday but I’m not dreading it as much 🙂 Am definitely looking forward to my blueberries, Greek yoghurt and coconutty granola for brekkie tomorrow, planning to have a clean eating day after doing so well today!

Nads, we will be interested to hear how you feel tomorrow. Many of us don’t feel as hungry after a FD and also feel less bloated, etc. Have a lovely evening and congratulations…..you did great!! 3 different meals – oh my.
    As for you Thin, go and do something else. If you’re still hungry afterwards, have half an apple (35 cals) and a big glass of water. That will fill you up. What’s for dinner at your place? CM xx

Thanks CM, I will let you know how I’m feeling in the morning. I don’t want to get in the habit of daily weighing, but I’m going to tomorrow just to see what it is, especially seeing as I was actually up 500g to 83.5kgs this morning from yesterday morning. I remembered to take all my measurements this morning too 🙂

CM, had grilled chicken sprinkled with Moroccan seasoning, steamed snow peas, carrot, cauliflower and zucchini.

Thin where do you enter the personal details?

Nads the first step is always the hardest but the fact that you are giving it a second chance says it all. My favourite saying is “how do you eat and elephant?” “One bite at a time” and that is exactly what we are doing, just one FD at a time.

Yay Nads!! Well done you.

Welcome to other Newbies too!

A wee bit of info about me – 64, live in Wollongong -so waving to Intesha and anyone else in Sydney and the Illawarra – have been disabled by ME/CFS for quite a few yrs now, so I live a slower life than most, and unable to exercise. While I read many posts I have to post sparingly. This forum is very helpful and encouraging and I really appreciate everyone here sharing this journey together. It’s a wonderful journey, and so awesome to find there is a sustainable way to get this weight off!!!!!

CM you’re amazing! I can’t keep up with everyone’s details like you do LOL.

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement re my experiment of keeping on with 5:2 while travelling in NZ 🙂 it was a wonderful trip, and being able to try all the different foods really contributes to my enjoyment of travelling when there’s some other things I have to bypass.

I’m settling back into 5:2 at home . it was a relief, yes a relief, to get back to my normal Mon Thurs fast days. A bit tricky getting back to our normal foods, shopping, and working on getting back off bread after eating wheat based stuff in NZ, so my weight has zigzagged the last few days, but I’m now 74.5 going into 2 nd fast day home tomorrow. Here’s how I ‘ve worked out 5:2 to suit me:

– started with 2 meals but now have 1 meal at 6-6.30 pm then don’t eat till after 11 am next day.
    – lots and lots of water, 2-3lts,
    – peppermint tea, very weak black Earl Grey tea
    – need to be gluten free, and have to be bread crackers pasta rice etc free to lose weight even on 5:2, even if the calories are right and even if they’re the gluten free ones.
    – if I eat earlier on a fast da day I waken the hunger dragon.
    – weigh myself every day in morning, wear a step counter, record both everyday.
    – count my weight morning of Mon fast day as my official weight for the week ( yeah I know it’s the hard way) and graph my weekly weight
    – be patient with myself, keep putting in 1 day after the other
    – thankful that my OH is doing this with me.

Oh, being 10 kgs lighter it was heaps easier getting into the cab of the motor home, and climbing up to the bed over the cab!

Must go, onwards and downwards all!
    Merry

CM pay attention, dinner tonight was Thai Chicken Chilli Basil Noodles (Slendier of course!) 226 cals. And it was delicious. I’ve had that and an apple today and it’s now 9.30pm. Thanks for the cal count though, I assumed an apple was 50 cals so I’ll take it as 70 on your advice as I know you know these things. Still have cals left for an egg….

Intesha, if you go to the top of this page, right hand corner, you’ll see ‘Your profile”. Click on that. If you’ve done a profile, it says ‘edit profile’ so it probably says, ‘create profile’ on yours. Your dinner sounded great too.

Thanks for the info Merry. And well done Nads! I weigh twice a day by the way.

Morning all – feeling so good today, I actually feel awake and woke up 29 minutes BEFORE my alarm went off! That is unheard of. So, I jumped on the scales this morning just to check it out – 81.7! Wow. That’s 1.8kgs! I know most of that is water, but that is so motivating for me to eat well today! I haven’t enjoyed my breakfast that much in a long time and I intend not to snack today, I know I can go 24 hours without food, so surely can last the 4 hours until my lunch 🙂

Great news Nads, very happy for you. I agree, snacking is unnecessary and is something invented and promoted by food manufacturers. Dr Mosley has plenty to say on that subject. I’m also celebrating this morning with a new low of 63.7kg. Hoping that will be even less after my walk this morning. Have a great day Thursday fasters and all the best with your move MK88.

Wow, Thin

A PB in weight loss result. Congratulations! 😆 The sun is just poking out here after a bit of fog this cold morning. It will be a fine day from now on.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thanks Bay. Have a lovely, sunny day.

Yay Nads. How wonderfully motivating for you!
    I have a new PB today- 71.8! So now last over14 kilos this year.
    I have found that weighing myself every day has been a great strategy for understanding what is good and not so good for me to eat so at the risk of being obsessive I found it worthwhile.
    Good to hear from you Bay that maintenance is going so well. Can you share how many days you are fasting to maintain?
    CM enjoyed the mon/wed fast but I will have to be careful not to put on over the 4 days.
    Recipe time: pete Evans has a great recipe for burritos in his family food recipe book- only 8 carbs and 100 cals- really good for non-fast days when you don’t want too many carbs.
    Have a lovely day all- I will, off to the paleo cafe with my sister.
    Intesha I am 52 from Sunshine Coast Queensland.
    My other good news is that I am now able to decrease my hypertension drugs as my blood pressure is normal most of the time! Considering I had 4 very minor strokes because of how high it was I am very very pleased!!

Thin just saw post- congratulations! You must look gorgeous.

Hi there, AC

On maintenance, I vary between fasting 6:1 and 5:2 depending on the amount of carbs and sugars I have eaten. We eat a lot of fish, eggs, green vegetables, soups and salads. I now have portion control, but still like to treat myself with the occasional sweet or dessert.

When the occasional treat becomes every day, then I have to fast twice a week to undo the weight gain. I weigh daily, so that I can pick up the variation quickly and fast the next day. I think it’s a small price to pay to maintain my weight around 60 kg and my BMI in the 22 range.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thanks AC and congratulations to you too. Your weight loss this year is staggering. You must be very disciplined on the feast days.

That’s fabulous Bay, I’m so appreciative of you, PVE and others who continued to post after reaching your goals because it’s such a motivating factor knowing that it’s possible to continue the WOE for life. How tall are you if you don’t mind my asking?

Hi Thin

I am 5 ft 4 inches, I think that is around 163 cm, with very heavy bones. Most people my height weigh a lot less than I do. And I have no excess fat anywhere except my small stomach. When the weight came off, it went from my waist (lost 19 cms) and from my shoulders, back, arms, legs and trunk. Overall I dropped from size 16 clothes to size 11. Made me a very happy camper 😉 with a new wardrobe!

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Merry. I’ve read up on ME/CFS, so I now understand what you have to deal with every day. Its fascinating reading about how you manage 5:2 too. You’re doing so well, and helping improve your life, with the weight loss & all those other health benefits too. It must have made your NZ holiday so much more enjoyable. Hoping to achieve the “one meal a day” sometime down the track, so you will be my inspiration to try harder! Well done you. CM xx

Hi Everyone….so much great news today. Congratulations Thin, AC & Nads! Yes AC, Thin does look gorgeous, but she won’t admit it. She’s reached her “ThinAtLast” goal and it is just fabulous.

Well said, Intesha, one bite (FD) at a time!

Nads, that’s great. I think we all know that terrific feeling the day after FD….particularly when the scales have been kind to us. You are on your way!

AC, what amazing news about your hypertension & THAT weight loss – incredible! I do Mon & Wed FDs & feel the same as you about the days in between. I manage it by making Fri a semi-FD. Keeping way below my TDEE, but not as low as 500 – I normally average around 900. It works well for me and gives me the structure I need. Then I relax on the weekend, without any worries. Enjoy the café and your sister-time.

Bay – that’s such valuable information for us all. We are about the same height (I’m 165) & aiming for 60kg too. Nice to know what to do, once I get there…..looking forward to the new clothes as well! Thin is spot-on about how grateful we all are to you guys on Maintenance. You continue to post and give advice freely, even though you don’t need to. Thanks a million.

Thin – Congrats, my friend. Well done on your PB. Oh, and I promise to pay more attention next time! x

For the newbies – I weigh every morning (I think most of us do). It re-motivates, makes me more mindful of what I eat that day & also helps me understand what has gone wrong and why.

Question for the Day. What’s your favourite body part, now that you’ve started losing weight? My favourite bit is my back. No more back-fat, no more bulging bra straps or (God forbid) muffin tops. Boobs are still there too!

Thanks Dr M….love ya! CM xx

Hi all
    Thanks Bay- sounds like great strategies and I look forward to using them myself by the end of the year.
    Interesting CM about boobs- mine are still here too so yay!
    merry my son has cfs and it is a very difficult journey but I think you will enjoy this forum- it is fun and informative.

Hi Everyone. Just to confirm Friday’s Coffee Morning in Perth. There will be four of us this month….Thin, myself, as well as a newbie who has been going for 2 weeks & someone who hasn’t even started yet (but wants to). So don’t be shy, if you’re out there reading our posts and are interested, come along. Apparently they make a really good coffee as well. CM xx

Location – 9 Seeds Cafe, 121 Marmion St, Fremantle at 9.30am.
    Wear your woolies, its going to be a cold morning.
    Plenty of free parking too! So that’s not an excuse.

Hi Southern Pals,
    Great to read everyone’s good news for the week, I am not doing so well due to this medication roundabout. Can’t wait to get off these drugs, but that will be in a month or two, as the injury is still angry and inflamed. Physio again Friday, and I am fasting for a third day this week in the hope of a small loss for the week, as I am maintaining with two fasts per week, so I will try this until I kick this medication.
    AC, thanks for your kind words, this forum is the reason I am still fasting, if I didn’t have you guys I would have given up, given the pain I have at present, but it will pass, so as long as I don’t gain, then things will get easier.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone, Charlie. 🙂

Darling CharlieG. I wish we could all come to your joint for coffee tomorrow. You are amazing, sticking with 5:2 even though you’re sick, sore & injured. There are people on this forum who inspire me & you are one of them. I truly hope you are getting the best of care, so you can make a quick recovery. Sometimes I wish we were all next-door neighbours, instead of cyber friends. Although, then you’d have us around helping out all the time!! Take care. Huge hugs. CM xxxxxxxx

Hi CharlieG,
    it’s good to hear that you’re still sticking to 5:2, even with your current distress. It takes a lot of inner strength and belief in yourself to keep on track when life is messy and painful. I too wish I could be closer, to give you more support than mere words on this forum. Hopefully today at the physios, you’ll be able to get some relief and self help tools to begin returning to pain free movement and full function.
    All the best, I’m with you in spirit!

Had a go at using the slendier noodles in a veggie stir fry, and it wasn’t bad. Was glad to have a large, hot meal to fill me up before bed. Still seem to be on my plateau at 61.8 kg, but no use getting stressed about it. I’ll just keep plugging along, happy to have 25 months living this way of life, and enjoying being healthier than I was 20 years ago!
    Very very Happy to have said goodbye to 26 kg, high BP and blood glucose, snoring, IBS, dermatitis, fatigue, and my asthma! Not to mention my tight clothes and fat in odd places….like above my knees, under my chin and around my wrists and ankles! Haha!
    Many ask me what I’m going to do when I stop this ‘diet’ and I tell them it’s with me for life….and a way of managing my blood pressure and not getting diabetes, that’s when they seem to understand how powerful and sustainable this actually is. And I thank heavens every day that I watched doc Mosley on the doco ‘eat, fast, live longer’ and got inspired enough to try it out!

Morning friends,

IHAW, your story is so fantastic and you’re one of the people that inspired me when I started this WOL. 61.8kg and 26kg breathed away into thin air! And all the other health benefits – what a success you are. Pleased you’ve tried the Slendier, I find them filling too. Try the Spanish Fideos recipe on their website. I get the same questions – “are you still on the diet?”, “have you lost any more weight?”. I think I’m just going to tell people I’m maintaining now and the last 3-4 kgs will be my secret little bonus.

Bay, I’m about the same, 5′ 6″ in the old money and have gone from size 18 to 12. Based on what you say, 60kgs would be a reasonable weight for me I think. I like your flexible 5:2/6:1 maintenance regime; that’s what I’ll do too.

AC, I still have my boobs too. Unfortunately, they’re a lot further down than they were the last time I was 63.7kgs.

CharlieG, so sorry to read your post and the words, ‘would have given up….’. Please don’t ever give up, you’ve been another huge inspiration to me, you’ve come so far and achieved so much. This is a massive hurdle for you right now but it’s a blip in your 5:2 journey. I hope you start feeling better soon, just do the best you can. Thinking of you. You too Merry, you have a lot to contend with.

CM, thanks for posting the coffee details and for the kind words. I’m looking forward to seeing you and the other two losers shortly. Just deciding whether to venture out for a cold, early morning walk or wait until I get back this afternoon….

Hi there

Have fun at the coffee shop this morning. I’ll be there in spirit. When I next visit Perth, it would be lovely to have a coffee with you. We’re having one of those thankfully rare days when the wind comes from the Antarctic and the best place is indoors with the sun streaming in, toasting like a cat.

Having done two fasts this week, I’m back at 60 kg. and I still have my boobs, as youve said. This appears to be one of the better differences between intermittent fasting and a permanently calorie restricted diet.

Huge congratulations on being Thin at Last. 😆 What a prophetic name and what an achievement. Congratulations to IHAW as well. I wouldn’t worry about the last kg at all. If it’s meant to be, it will fall away as you maintain. 😉

Cheers, Bay

Viewing 50 posts - 4,951 through 5,000 (of 28,016 total)

You must be logged in to reply.