Headaches and Abnormal Sleep Disturbance

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Headaches and Abnormal Sleep Disturbance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jambo51 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi,
    Have been on the diet for 4 months and lost approx 2 stones. I feel very fit physically however although I can’t be sure it is related – I have been suffering from headaches and sleep disturbance problems (nightmares ) over approximately the same period of the diet .Would appreciate any comments on this. I am a 64 year old male weighing 12st 4.
    Thank You

It probably will sound weird for a man, but for me a hot bath before bed really helping with sleeping problem. It also helps with my headache if I put my head under the water level while the water is still running. Somehow the underwater noise and water movement is relaxing my pain.

First be sure that you drink enough water. Then you can use warm or hot broth during your fast days. The salt in it also could help with headache as well.

Are you doing 500 cal fast day or no-calories fasts?

Congrats on your great loss! Keep it up. 🙂

Thank you for the advice,will try the baths, I am basically sticking to 600 cals on Monday and Thursday. I fall asleep fairly quickly but wake up with nightmares and I am thinking that it this and the broken sleep which is causing the morning headaches.
    Thanks again.

I will be interested in hearing how you overcome this. I have only dealt with issues in the early part of my diet, but 4 months in, don’t feel that you should be going through that. Maybe try soaking in magnesium salts with your bath too. I find transdermal magnesium sprayed on my body before bed helps with sleep if you don’t want to soak in salts.

Thank you, very rarely take baths but will try, also I do have magnesium spray and will also try this. Will let you know if these help. thank you for your interest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.