Headaches After Fasting Day

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kathlmmm 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I am another that has a headache the day after fasting. It’s like the whole head being slightly compressed, which I thought was just dehydration, so drank more. No real effect.

So I read somewhere about ORT (Oral Rehydration Treatment) helping and decided to try. It worked. No more headaches. You can buy the cheap powder sachets at any chemist or online.

The ORT powder has salt and sugar as the active ingredients and the sugar is about 15cals so you have to figure that into the daily total, but having read more about the way the body processes salt into the stomach etc it’s a good possibility that the significant food reduction on fast days is the cause because modern foods have so much salt in them. I’ll leave it up to the Doctors to confirm this.

I have experimented with no ORT on fast days and days with 3 sachets: 12am, 6pm, 9pm and it works every time. Take ORT and no headache next day.

Hopes this helps those (and it seems a lot) who have the same problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

Interesting, I will try it out. I put my headaches down to the wrong prescription in my spectacles. It seems my eyesight improved and my glasses were too strong. However I cannot say there s a massive improvement since I got new spectacles. My headaches are more frequent than just post fast days. I also considered that they may be withdrawal symptoms. I gave up tea, bread and potatoes every day to reduce calorie intake.

Thanks for your suggestion mr b. This is my 2nd fasting day of the first week and have really bad headeache despite having plenty to drink, i think.

Seven weeks in to 5:2 and losing a regular 2 pounds per week with no problems. BUT this week have done nothing different but have had continuous headache for four days. Not really painful, not migraine but slight neuralgia/pressure type always there. Is this diet related or could it be something else.

I, too, had really bad headaches the first few weeks, but now that have gone. I think drinking enough water is definitely a good idea, but I wonder also, if its our bodies going through some kind of withdrawal. From salt, sugar, caffeine, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.