Has anyone been doing this for ages?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Has anyone been doing this for ages?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi all. I just heard about this WOE recently and thinking about doing it, mainly to lose weight and lower cholesterol. However, I have an almost 20 year history of dieting and none of them have been successful in the long run. I am extremely sceptical and the thought of going on another diet is totally unbearable and I would really like to hear from people who have been doing this for a long time (like years). Most of the posts on here seem either new – people raving about it but they’ve only been doing it for a couple of months, or people who haven’t commented for ages and seem to have disappeared…
    Basically, My question is is there anyone out there who has had success on this for a decent period of time (2+ years), and how sustainable is it in real life?
    Thanks

If they’re anywhere they’ll be in the ‘Maintenance Chatbox’:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/thank-you-dr-m-for-my-success/

Hi monica and welcome:

There are many roaming around this site. I started in early 2013 and have been doing it over that time period. I travel a lot and don’t do 5:2 when I travel, but I’ve lost over 40 pounds and have maintained the loss for the last year.

This diet is like any other in that people often come with high expectations and when they figure out it is going to take some time to lose all of the weight they want to lose they give up – preferring to remain overweight.

The other type is like yourself – skeptical – and if they don’t get immediate results (whatever they think immediate results should be), they quit.

But those that just do it lose a lot of weight over time and are happy.

Here is all the information you need to be successful on 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks! I decided to give it a go, first day of fasting today ☺

Hi monicafleur, I’m not the only one that started immediately after the documentary first aired in August 2012. So yeah, some of us have been on the 5:2 way of life for 3+years and then there are those who fasted 1-2 days a week for years prior to that for religious or cultural reasons. It’s not a fad, it’s not a ‘quick fix’ and although you WILL lose weight if you follow the simple rules it really isn’t like any ‘diet’ you’ve ever done before. There are no rules about WHAT you eat, you really can eat whatever suits you and is going to help you stick to it on your fastdays, you really JUST need to not exceed your fastday 500kcal or your normal day TDEE. AND you have to accept that although it will feel hard to start with, ALL of that goes away very quickly and is replaced by enormous health benefits and a feeling of control.

I started at a little over 15 stone (210lb+) and a UK size 16. I am now a little under 12 stone (I’ve been on an accidental plateau for the past year but I know why and AM starting to go down again but really ALL my losses were in the first 2 years), which equates to a loss of 40lb or so and I’m a comfortable size 10-12 and have been for the past 2 years.

Hi, I’m a relatively new comer having started this WOE in September 2014. I’ve lost 19kg, dropping from a size 14 to a size 8, and have been maintaining since June. The key for me was to adhere to the 500 calorie fasting days and to find what worked for me on non fasting days. The recommended TDEE was too low for me. It made me feel like I was constantly dieting, something I wanted to avoid. I stopped watching calories on non fast days, enjoyed healthy eating, a glass or two of wine and weighed regularly to monitor my progress. It is the first eating plan I have successfully and easily followed for more than 6 months. At 63 I’ve never been healthier and satisfied!

Find what works for you and enjoy the journey.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.