Hair loss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  whyamisoshy 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’ll try to sum this up smoothly: I’ve been doing keto for months and I love it. For a few weeks now I’ve also been doing 24 hour water fast for 3 days out of the week and I’ve also been loving the ease of it. However I’ve been shedding hair like crazy and I’m concerned I’m not getting enough calories/possibly deficient (even with a multivitamin).
    I’ve been fasting Mon/Wed/Fri. Then I eat 8oz wild salmon (503 cal, 25 fat, 62 protein) and 3.5oz goat milk (770 cal, 85 fat) Total: (1273 cal, 110 fat, 62 protein) on 4 non-fasting days.
    So if I ate my BMR everyday I would be eating 8365 cals a week. Instead I eat 5092 cals a week (total for 4 days not counting light exercise). So how much more should I raise my calories yet keep losing weight?

Stats: 5 feet 0 inches tall, 110 pounds, 30 minutes yoga/1 hour Pilates on fasting days, swimming 1 hour on non-fasting days, goal weight: 100 pounds, BMR: 1195. TDEE: 1500.

Hi Percrazy,

Just read your post as the words “hair loss” is a big thing for me too. Only been doing the 5:2 diet for 3 weeks and gave successfully lost 7 lbs. however the huge amount of hair I’m shredding is causing havoc to my plug holes and Hoover! I think it may be dehydration in my case as I really don’t drink enough water. I do have anaemia but my last bloods were looking pretty good. Are you having enough calories? My understanding was that you calculate your TDEE and consume that number of calories on your non fasting days?

Bella

Hiya Bella22,
    Yep… this is a biggg issue for me so I’m happy I can relate to somebody in the community. Dehydration could be the reason for you though I’ve never heard of dehydration being the culprit. In my case I definitely don’t think I’m eating enough. I want to change my routine by consuming a 500 cal protein shake on my fasting days and eating up to my TDEE on my feasting days. I was just wondering however… does anybody know what my TDEE would be with the stats I’ve given?

i have got fabulous long blonde mane of hair.
    i lost a lot of it on a low cal diet before.
    then i lost a lot of it on an anti seizure drug.
    now this too evidently? bloody hell.
    what to do.
    i bought hair extensions and a wig.
    not ideal

biotin= excelllent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.