Gym joining time

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi Folks,

I posted a topic about hitting a plateau earlier last week, I understand this will pass given time however I decided today to join the gym. The reason for this is that as a golfer, since the 5.2 diet I don’t feel I have the same strength in my arms etc.

I thought that weight training and cardio would also reduce my body fat And also allow me to build muscle.

What would you recommend gym wise? I also have a labrador that needs walked a few miles everyday.

I’ve lost around 2 stone since August on this diet, frustrated with the weight loss slowing down.

Chris

Hi chris:

As the average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week, losing 28 pounds in less than 12 weeks is way above average. Your hope that exercise will help you keep up that pace may be incorrect.

Here are some tips for those on 5:2. Number 5 addresses exercise, and number 4 will explain how calorie restriction and weight loss works: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi thanks for your reply, it does seem very quick I was surprised but just realised how much rubbish food I must have been eating.

Hi Chris:

YW. Yes, one of the great things about 5:2 is not eating much twice a week causes you to examine what you are eating the other days. It can be quite eye opening!

Good Luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.