gotta start something!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
gotta start something!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ilovecabbage 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• hello all…so this is it…just got back of my summer hols and i have gained a stone…i would love to lose 2 by christmas, this is my target, this is what is going to happen…

i am thinking of doing 3 fast days to get going, i have done the 5;2 before for a few months and loved it, hoping i can get my head back into it this time.

all i want is to have a healthy attitude around food so i can show my little ones the right way to be, at the moment it is far from that, i feel i am either binging or starving myself silly and have spent the whole of the summer holidays doing this which has ended up with the huge weight gain.

so…i’m looking for support on this journey, i will be using this thread to keep me on the straight and narrow. i am well aware that this is not a quick fix, and there are no short cuts. the weight loss is important to me and id love to get down to my goal weight BUT the most important thing is that i sort out my head around food…grateful of any support, wise words, wisdom or reading links…feel free to recommend.

Hi ilovecabbage,

Welcome to the board! I think you’ll feel right at home here. We’re all here to support each other so I think you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Just take each day at a time, don’t beat yourself up if you don’t always do things perfectly. As you said, this isn’t a quick fix, and I bet the most important thing for you is to stop attaching guilt to food. That is what causes the starving and then binging. I know it’s hard, but if you take it one step at a time, everything might just fall into place for you. This is how I – and many here – feel: every good FD is a victory, every bad one is just a low calorie day (and thus also a victory). Brush it off, enjoy the food you actually have and try again tomorrow.

What days are you planning to fast? And have you decided on whether you’re going to eat throughout the day or have just one meal? Talking about your intentions in detail might help you. I have a real life fasting buddy and talking about the actual plans (what to eat, how much, when) really helped me through the first months (it still does).

thanks for the response….I’m really hoping this is it, I’m so bored of being out of control

so pleased have lost weight quickly this week and only on my second fast day…feeling really well, focused and ON IT!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.