Giving up smoking and fasting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Giving up smoking and fasting

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  luckylucy 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• So oddly I noticed this last time I was fasting.

Im attempting to quit smoking again, I last gave up in Australia for 50 days whilst doing 4:3 in the way im doing it now (24 hour fasts from dinner to dinner) and Ive noticed with fasting and healthy eating + exercise its strangely easy. Its barely affecting me today although im in the major withdrawal period and ive been fasting 22 hours, I havnt needed a snack or even had a craving.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I also found it rather easy to quit smoking (I’m not a prolific smoker but definitely a couple a day) – admittedly about a month or so before I started 5:2 – I did it by undertaking a short juice cleanse. I personally think it was a combination of a) *really* feeling psychologically ready for once & b) having a complete change of lifestyle. So much of my smoking habits revolved around what I associated it with e.g. a smoke after dinner etc. Doing it with the cleanse also meant I didn’t grab snacks etc. as an alternative (previously I have done when quitting smoking & have subsequently gained weight) – I can imagine the 4:3 keeps that in check for you too. Good luck, sounds like you are doing great! Just think of the money saved 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.