Getting Fit with HIIT

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jayneyw 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all
    Just joined this forum and this is my first post. Down in Melbourne and have had Michael’s book for about 6 weeks (fast exercise)

I have lost my weight over 8 months and in the last month have started a HIIT program ( bike & rowing ) i started with 3 x 30 sec and 3 minutes slow. I’m now up to 7 x 30 sec and 1.5 minutes slow. My question is how far can you go ? Should I just reduce my slow/rest period or keep increasing my 30 sec intervals or both just not sure how far to go. Any input would be great..thanks for you time.

Hello Steel,

I’m sorry that I only just saw your post, but since the gyms closed here, I haven’t really been able to do true HIIT because I don’t have a cardio machine here. However, when I did, I used a rower, and started out with a 3-minute warm up leading to eight alternating 20-second on, 10-second slow, with a 2-minute cool down at the end (for a total of nine minutes). Because I was doing that after strength training, I only did one set, however, if you wanted to only do HIIT, you could just repeat the set above four time, which would get you over half an hour.

If, like me, you don’t have access to cardio equipment during the pandemic, I’d be happy to send you the HIT workout I use from my chiropractor/natureopath if we can figure out a good way for me to get it to you.

I hope all’s well,

Jayney

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.