Gassy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fredywiza 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hey all
    I’ve read a few posts about people saying they get bloated or constipated on the 5:2 or 4:3, but nothing on excessive gas yet (please link me if you know where I can find a post on it!)
    The day after I fast I find I get pretty gassy after the second meal of the day and it gets worse throughout the second day and disappears by the end of the third day. I’m not sure what the deal is because I eat a pretty balanced diet on both fasting and non-fasting days – I try to get a decent percent of daily calories through protein and fiber rather than sugar and simple carbs. I don’t drink pop or artificially sweetened drinks or candies, etc. at all (one post suggested that could be a cause) or eat high-lactose dairy (small amounts of goat cheese and low fat yoghurt have never been problematic for me).

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, how do you handle it?
    Cheers!

Hi Wanna, The only thing I can suggest is the your gut bacteria is changing as a result of Fasting and it is probably a good thing. Bloating is when you can’t fart and it can be really painful. If you can fart, don’t worry, just try to find a private space.
    Eating more yoghurt, or other probiotics might help.

Here are a couple of articles that might interest you:
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/04/28/306544406/got-gas-it-could-mean-you-ve-got-healthy-gut-microbes

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/fart-with-pride-it-means-your-gut-is-well-fed.html

I was researching for gas and bloating and came across this thread. I’m having similar troubles as well wannababfab. The pain in my chest is waking me up at night and it starts exactly as you’ve described. (I don’t burp easily so the gas builds to painful levels) I’ll try to drink more water and eat some yoghurt and see how it goes. Nice to find I’m not alone!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.