Gaining weight ?!?!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kirsten70 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I don’t get it:

Fasting day 1 – about 490 cals – dropped 100 g
    Fasting day 2 – about 490 cals – GAINED 200 g
    Fasting day 3 – about 470 cals – no change

Days in between – definitely eating less than normal, by about 200 cals. Total weight loss in 9 days: 300 g (that’s just over half a pound).

Has anyone else experienced weight gain or no change when fasting?

I’ve not increased my sport much, so can’t attribute it to muscle growth and there are no other conditions or exceptions right now. I just don’t get it.

Hi Kirsten and welcome:

You can gain or lose two or more pounds daily even if you are on a diet. Numbers one and four in this post might explain (see two, also): https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thank you for all the information simcoeluv.

After reading your posts I feel much more heartened.

Seeing as I am just as, if not even more, interested in the health benefits to be gained from fasting, I do see the weight drop side as really just an additional bonus (although 5-7 kg / 10-15 lbs down over the next year would be really lovely).

I’m looking forward to Monday again, and in the meantime enjoying each and every day I have.

I only weigh myself once per week, first thing in the morning after a fast day.
    I think that scales measuring grams are misleading and unhelpful as a pint of water weighs over a pound and food in transit in your digestive system can make a huge difference to how much you weigh. Jumping on the scales every 5 minutes is a bad thing IMO!

Hi Amazon,

I weighed myself each time first thing in the morning before having anything to eat or drink, once on the fasting day and once the morning after. Always the same conditions and on the same spot on the floor (some scales can show different values if the floor is uneven). I have not been weighing myself in between (only at the very start to know where I was and where I want to go).

I really don’t know why I’m getting hung up on this weight bit though – in the past I’ve fasted for the health benefits. Here I’m taking up fasting again for the health benefits and the weight loss on the way is an additional bonus.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.