Friends' Criticism

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Pollypenny 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Has anyone else experienced the bizarre phenomenon of ‘friends’ who criticise you for being on the 5:2 diet?!!!

“You’re too thin already”. “You’re being neurotic”.

Some background – I’m quite slim, and these so-called friends are overweight.

Thanks,

Martin
    Bristol
    UK

Hi Matrin,

Feel you pain.

I would try and emphasize the non-weight loss benefits of the diet, I’ve found that to help! All of the reasons why fasting is good for us (which in addition, I use as a reminder when I hit plateaus!!).

Personally I’ve found 5:2 really helps fat loss, as opposed to muscle loss, which I’ve talked about to the nay-sayers.

I was told I was being extremely dangerous because fasting (even 5:2) messes up your metabolism and makes you put on weight whenever you aren’t fasting.

Luckily I felt so smug I just let it roll over me.

I’ve had a few people tell me it was dangerous too, or that I was losing too much weight. Curiously, it’s always people that are overweight that make those comments. I just grin and go out and buy another pair of skinny jeans. πŸ˜‰

It also matters where your fat is. Where mine is ‘stored’ is where others can’t see it [under my skirt in my upper thighs. No kidding: 2 visible pouches.] I knew I had weight to lose but it was invisible to the mob.

Hold Fast, Martin and be sure to set a weight below which you will not go, just so you don’t go too far. I think I could lose my ‘pouches’ but if I did my BMI would be dangerously low and unhealthy.

Just watching Michael’s original programme would give the answer to this. He didn’t look fat, but he had fat around organs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.