Fighting Belly and Butt Fat Requires Two Different Metabolism Meal Tactics

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Different approaches to intermittent fasting
Fighting Belly and Butt Fat Requires Two Different Metabolism Meal Tactics

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Avalanche 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

• Are you doing all the right things, but still cannot seem to get rid of your belly or butt fat?

that you have to feed your body with two different metabolism meal tactics depending on the type of fat you want to lose.

“Your metabolism is based on your body type. Your body is genetically designed to respond to certain foods by directing where the fat settles,” says Dr. Oz as he explains that there are two body types where fat is stored: around your middle as belly fat and on your buttocks as butt fat.
    Belly Fat Metabolism Meal Secret: Protein and Cinnamon
    For fighting belly fat, Dr. Oz recommends that women go heavy on the protein and very light on the carbohydrates.

“For big women – nope 🙂

big-in-the-middle women, (that’s me 🙁 )

in particular―half of your calories have to be from lean protein such as from chicken and fish,”

says Dr. Oz adding that the remainder of your meal has to consist of vegetables. Furthermore, you can have only one small serving a day of starchy carbs such as rice or pasta.(what is 1 small serving ???)

Dr. Oz explains that the reason for this type of meal is that it works best for individuals with a metabolism type that allows fat to build up around their middle that is part of the omentum.

me 🙁 again

The omentum consists of two segments of tissue that surrounds the abdominal organ― primarily in front of the stomach and over the liver. These tissue segments are fat repositories that in thin people are typically transparent and lace-like.
    In obese people, however, the omentum greatly thickens with excess fat that leads to the development of inflammation in the body which then causes diabetes, high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries.
    “The biology of blubber dictates whether this [the omentum] grows or not. Empty carbs creates spikes in blood sugar that tells this fat to prosper and grow bigger,” says Dr. Oz explaining that eating lots of protein has the opposite effect on the omentum leading to loss of fat rather than gain of fat.
    Dr. Oz also recommends adding cinnamon to your meals whenever you can as a sugar substitute that will not only decrease the amount of sugar you eat, but has the added benefit of regulating your blood sugar more effectively to prevent additional abdominal fat storage.

Butt Fat (mine is cute NOT BIG :D)
    Metabolism Meal Secret: Complex Carbs and Oregano
    “The culprit when it comes to big bottoms [in women] is estrogen,” says Dr. Oz who tells viewers that unlike big belly people who should eat only a very small amount of carbs every day, big butt people should eat a relatively much higher amount of complex carbohydrates in every meal. “Almost three-quarters of your calories should come from complex carbohydrates,” advises Dr. Oz.
    The remainder of your meal should be vegetables with only one serving a day of protein that comes from a lean source of meat such as chicken.
    Dr. Oz explains that the problem with people of this body and metabolism type―due to their genetics―is that when they eat meals high in protein that typically contain fat, their estrogen causes the fat to be stored primarily in their buttocks. This is why some people have big butts over a big middle.
    Aside from eating very little protein or dairy foods high in fat—but lots of complex carbohydrates—eating a common kitchen herb helps as well. Dr. Oz recommends integrating oregano in your meals because he explains that oregano is a phytoestrogen that actually helps control your body’s estrogen hormone levels and prevents too much fat in your diet from making its way to the butt.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/your-metabolism-type-diet

What fabulous news! If Dr Oz is to be believed (and i have no idea how viable his credentials are) I can eat more carbs! Maybe that’s why I struggled sticking to the Dukan principles after I lost weight successfully (and very quickly) on it a couple of years ago – my body was craving carbs and couldn’t stand all that protein! Thanks for this article, USA, whilst I’m not convinced by the soundness of the science it still put a smile on my face! Off to see if there’s a jar of oregano hiding in the back of a kitchen cupboard… 🙂

StephB,

je vous souhaite une grande plante d’origan 😀 ♪♪♪♪♥♪♪♪♪

Vous me faites rire, USA! 🙂

Oregano is on my shopping list. Even if I had been able to find any in my cupboard, it would probably have been many years past its sell-by date! You stocking up on the cinnamon?

StephB

i saw some @ costco cinnamon pills
    popping pills should do it 😀

already love brown rice flaxmilk stevia & cinnamon

but now no more brown rice 🙁 (have 2 research 1 small serving?)

u can have oregano plants all over that u could

nibble on 😀

i think my new nickname will be flattummy 😀

what will b urs 🙂 ?

Bottomless! 🙂

Bottomless

lol 😀 cool one

Hi, all. I wonder how much evidence and how good evidence there is to underpin the criteria to divide us into the quoted A, B or C body/metabolism/personality types, and for the dogmatic advice given on the radically differing desirable proportions of food types that these As Bs and Cs should eat. Can we be so easily pigeonholed, A, B or C, etc? For oregano and cinnamon, too, it’s one thing to observe characteristics of a particular food like oregano or cinnamon in isolation, but another to demonstrate significant benefit in the context of real world nutrition. Has that evidence been demonstrated? We may in the meantime make the judgement that extra cinnamon or oregano might help and might not be likely to do much harm.

We may wish to find magic bullets to ‘pop’ our problems. Dogma abounds in nutritional advice: that dogma needs to be moderated and modulated by seeking out reliable, objective evidence, or we are likely later find it discredited as so much dogma before it. At my time of life, I doubt there would be enough ‘later’ to recoup losses if I followed what turned out to be fallacious, inadequately researched advice. I also want the best for my eleven year old child.

Michael Mosley has admirably backed up his intense personal commitment with a reasoned, evidence based approach, drawing upon great breadth and depth of evidence and knowledge, mostly from good work done in the US. I’m happy to try to bend my flimsy resolve towards the intermittent fasting in particular, plus brief bursts of high intensity exercise, and if possible pessimism/optimism shift exercises. Michael has convinced me (from his recent TV programmes, etc.) that even though they may not be the ultimate, all three are worthwhile ways forward to try for now, right now.

Tomorrow

“At my time of life, I doubt there would be enough ‘later’ to recoup losses if I followed what turned out to be fallacious”

this sentence is so true & resonates constantly in my mind while still trying 2 achieve a healthy self

however, what’s a little cinnamon as a type2diabetic i know on google scholar there r researches

michael is the 1 & only i will stick 2 due 2 his programs thoughts & opinions & 4 being our test guinea pig

(the links of his programs not just horizon r on this forum)

when i post the article i always give the link so u can make ur own informed decision

however it’s funny what they come up w/ & it is ever changing
    ugh

i mean look @ coucous post about science/america

what is ur nickname 4 this article? 😀

I am sorry but(t) Dr Oz says many silly things under the guise of Doctor. Don’t believe this dual metabolism/different feeding nonsense. There are no scientific studies to back up most of his statements. Non to support this allegation. Sorry.

Don’t worry, Michael D, I was planning on taking a pinch of oregano with a pinch of salt anyway 😉 ! Is Dr Oz a big celeb on the other side of the pond?

TV guy, sells stuff, preys on the fat and gets richer. The scientific method is alien to his show (or so I’ve read). If I were cynical I’d suppose a cinnamon cartel wrote him a check.

There’s probably more evidence for the tooth fairy than for these particular claims.

Until I see a serious study with peer-reviewed findings in a respectable scientific publication, I shall treat this ‘advice’ as bunkum.

Sarah

Michael D & StephB

i take everything w/a grain of salt 🙂

but i must admit the fasday lifestyle i will follow 4ever

it just fits!

however dr oz is a practicing famous dr i think a cardiothoracic surgeon in a famous hospital
    he brings 2 his show the scientist drs or medical announcements

he also unfortunately has been hijacked by actual spammers using his email & name 2 sell their stuff using his name. he has been fighting this

http://www.doctoroz.com

we have another show call 3 doctors or drs all legit people who also talk about this & more but in more detail

Find Your Metabolism

Not everyone’s metabolism is the same. In fact, nutritionist and author of Turn Up the Heat, Dr. Philip Goglia, says there are three different types of metabolisms, each requiring a specific diet.

“There’s not a one-size-fits-all metabolic structure,” Dr. Goglia says. “Just the sheer existence of diabetes and heart issues in our nation today would indicate that. So to think that you could start a food program that your sister did or your best friend did, and the nutrients suit you, is not such a truth, it’s a real myth.”

What’s Your Type?

To determine which of the three types of metabolism you have, fill out this questionnaire.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/files/metabolismTest.pdf

Michael D & StephB which of the three types of metabolism r u?

mine don’t know yet 😀

The three types of metabolism according to Dr. Goglia are:

• Fat and protein efficient (74 percent of population): This metabolism can more efficiently utilize fats and proteins than carbohydrates, creating a physique that is naturally strong. A diet for this type of metabolism consists of 50 percent protein, 25 percent fat and 25 percent carbohydrates.
    Example meal: An 8-ounce flank steak, 3 cups of a side salad and a small portion of asparagus.

• Carbohydrate efficient (23 percent of population): This group easily digests and stores carbohydrates, creating a physique that has tremendous endurance capacity. A diet for this type of metabolism consists of 68 percent carbohydrates, 20 percent proteins and 12 percent fats.
    Example meal: One-and-a-half cups of pasta, 4 ounces of shrimp and steamed vegetables.

• Dual (3 percent of population): This type has the special ability to utilize all three nutrients — fat, protein and carbohydrate — with equal ease, creating a physique that equally combines both strength and endurance. A diet for this type of metabolism consists of 33 percent of each carbohydrate, protein and fat.
    Example meal: A 6-ounce grilled chicken, a half of a yam and steamed vegetables. probably not me 🙁

The Doctors’ metabolism types
    Dr. Goglia tested The Doctors’ blood for cholesterol levels to determine their metabolism types.
    • Dr. Ordon – Fat and protein efficient
    • Dr. Lisa – Fat and protein efficient
    • Dr. Jim – Dual
    • Dr. Travis – Dual

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_synopsis/179?section=feature&title=Find%20Your%20Metabolism

what is great w/ all the info in this 2 much info society out there in the scientific world

we still can make our own informed decision on this forum wooooooo hoooooo 😀

I’m sorry to say that it sounds as if the claims lack any proper scientific basis.

Where is the evidence to support the claims? The questionnaire makes some very sweeping statements declaring that someone has a particular type of metabolism just because they have one alcoholic parent. Is that really likely given the complexities surrounding the physiology and psychology of addiction?

I can’t find a single published article by Philip Goglia on PubMed. This is not a good sign.

He’s not a medical doctor and I have scoured the web to try to uncover his academic (or lack thereof) background.

A Powerpoint presentation on his PFC nutrition website can be found at;

http://www.pfcnutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Dr_Philip_Goglia_2008.pdf

If that copy gets deleted you’ll be able to find it on the Internet Wayback Machine at;

http://web.archive.org/web/20130328113459/http://www.pfcnutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Dr_Philip_Goglia_2008.pdf

Page 5 lists his first degree;

Duke University 1981 Grad. B.S. Political Science/Metabolic Nutrition

It also lists his PhD;

2003 Shepperton University: Summa Cum Laude: Phd. Nutritional Sciences

This is interesting, Very interesting. Shepperton University is a scam institution offering fake degrees which aren’t based on any academic ability, just the ability to pay.

You can learn a bit more about Shepperton Univerity in the BBC News story from 2004; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3369567.stm

I refer you to the answer I gave earlier;

“There’s probably more evidence for the tooth fairy than for these particular claims.”

Sarah

coffeegal

wow

this is sad that he has a bamboosled phd
    & has bamboosled
    drs editors tv shows publishers

the publishers r going 2 be in real trouble with this info

duke university is a very good university in fact in one of the top one’s

however, what i read on ur links & a little more research

it’s inconceivable

since u were so successful in handling the mistake of that magazine

i think the doctors show would appreciate ur input & the publishers about his fraudisme

they probably saw duke university verified it & stopped

what a terrible sham all 2 have the title of phd

ugh ugh ugh

if u have noticed i’m now trying 2 give google scholar published articles also

nice 2 have on this forum a great great fact checker

very very appreciated

thanks

coffeegal

also we should be able 2 delete this topic from forum
    we should not even have it ugh

wait can not delete what about dr oz? he is legit

http://www.doctoroz.com/quiz/quiz-what-your-metabolism-type

he has his videos of part 1 & 2

the quiz is very different from the fake phd dr
    it was fun taking it

about salty foods etc

my results were

You need more protein than people with other types of metabolisms, which is why you crave salty foods – salt is often found in proteins and fats. Your diet should be approximately 50% protein, 30% fats and 20% carbs.

Dr. Oz is a medical doctor but his core area of expertise is not nutrition. He may well defer to someone he believes to be ‘one of the USA’s top nutritionists’ on that subject and pick up ideas which aren’t necessarily the right ideas.

He’s a busy man with all his broadcasting and surgical commitments. He may not have much time to do his own research into new ideas which aren’t directly related to his core skills.

I’m sorry to say that Dr. Oz’s quiz is a complete nonsense. It has no scientific basis and no diagnostic value. It’s entertainment, pure and simple.

Sarah

sarah

good point

thanks again 4 ur valuable input on

this forum

by the way i have stopped drinking coffee that last 2 yrs

should i start drinking it?

Coffee consumption is entirely up to you 🙂 I have no recommendations. There is conflicting evidence on health effects, good and bad.

I drink both coffee and tea. I used to drink 8 quadruple shot lattes a day (32 espresso shots) but had to cut back. Not because of the caffeine but because I was drinking too much milk and that played havoc with my cholesterol!

As a scientist, I’m naturally sceptical. All I want is good reliable evidence on which to base a conclusion. The diet industry, possibly more than any other, is good at providing crazy solutions without any scientific basis to support their methods, efficacy and safety.

The 5:2 diet is somewhat different in that Dr. Moseley has based it on current scientific evidence. There are areas which probably need more research – such as the 25% of TDEE recommended on fasting days, but in general the plan seems to work if followed correctly.

Here in the UK, we had a nutritionist who also liked to use the title ‘Dr’ but had not in fact received a degree from a credible institution. You can read a bit about her at http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mckeith.html

Sarah 🙂

Sarah,

have u tried the flaxmilk?

that’s why i’m thinking of going back 2

coffee

so i can have big lattes

1/4 cup is only 6 cals

great 4 making salad dressings 2

anyway have a good night

i’m going 2 try 2 go 2 bed early on a fastday

so if i’m up i might get 2 sleep earlier 🙂

@coffeegal- ” I used to drink 8 quadruple shot lattes a day (32 espresso shots) but had to cut back. ”

Whaaaa?

That’s called wired!

How much did you cut back?

I can have anything between zero coffees (but lots of teas) and about a dozen cups a day. When there’s too much blood in my caffeine stream I go all weird 😉

wiltldnrUSA, Flaxmilk isn’t easily available here in the UK otherwise I’d look into it. I’m going to give unsweetened almond milk a try too to see if I like it.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

Sarah

I saw a BBC science programme a few weeks ago, which talked about analysis of gut microbial populations, in relation to a wide range of health aspects. I see quoted on sciencedaily.com a Mayo Clinic study on the interaction between genome, diet and microbiome (gut microbial population). Maybe in time there could make a useful development of the old ‘you are what you eat’ notion, where we could indeed try to optimise what we eat to fit individual genetic characteristics. I don’t think that would equate to something as simplistic as the questionnaire on the Dr Oz link given above. Science is amazing.

Tomorrow, I have a feeling you’re right. And, yes, science is absolutely amazing 🙂

Sarah

Dr. Oz!!! Really you have to wonder about a guy who pushes Raspberry Ketones which to date have no science based evidence to support the claims.

Yoni Freedhoff of Weighty Matters has taken Oz, the man of smoke and mirrors to task.
    http://www.weightymatters.ca/2011/02/dr-oz-so-corrupted-by-fame-he-even.html

Eddy

we all agree

read the posts above

we wish we could delete this post

however, this link u gave was cool

please reply in another topic we don’t want 2 promote this topic

“So thanks Dr. Oz for promoting the exploitation of your viewers, for embarrassing our shared profession, and for being such a stellar role model for how not to embrace fame and fortune.”

but just curious what nickname did u choose?
    did u c ours? 😀

Never was that taken with Dr. Oz. I don’t think he’s a total fraud, but, really? How much Oregano do you have to eat to see any benefits? Cinnamon I love, and put in coffee, but I doubt I eat enough to help my blood pressure. As for sugar in the blood, I thought that’s what the fasting is for!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply.