Ferris's first steps to regaining a healthy lifestyle!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Ferris's first steps to regaining a healthy lifestyle!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sjd 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• After my “preparations” since January this year, this is it. May 1st and I’m going full throttle on the lifestyle I aim to keep for the rest of my life.

Day 1- First Fast Day

To set things off with a “bang” so to speak, I elected to start off on the first of this month with a fasting day. Weight this morning was 12 stone 8.

Thus far I’ve consumed 320 calories by just before 4pm. This is fine for me as since January I’ve eaten between a 8am-6pm window, and nothing but water after that time. Two cups of coffee with sweetener, 4 glasses of no-sugar squash, bran flakes, a banana and 7 almonds thus far. My guess is I’ll have a soup to top this off.

Mood/ health wise I’m extremely chilled out. I’m extremely positive that I’m on the right track and I don’t really mind how long this takes. Even after 4 months I’ve got a lot more energy, an extremely stable sleep patterns and if it wasn’t for the wacky temperatures in England I’m sure my stomach would be pretty chilled out too! (IBS sufferer of eight years here).

One curiosity is if I’ll be alright keeping my regular exercise on fasting days. I like to walk an hour a day in 2 thirty minute sessions, one first thing in the morning which I’ve done, and I’d like to fit the second in before the day is out. I’m feeling pretty energetic now so I think I’ll be fine with it.

Everything I’ve read about intermittent fasting is that exercise is doable on fasting days.It’s recommended to do it before eating as exercise stimulates hunger.

Ferris,

I have done an 18:6 intermittent fasting and have been doing this plan for a week (so 2 full fasting days); I am now going to combine them as I am trying to get these last 5 pounds off. I do heavy HIIT, weight, and a variety of other workouts nearly every day (including fast days). I actually feel quite well and energetic and haven’t had an increase in unbearable hunger that I expected.

Good luck in your program.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.