feel like I'm losing weight too quickly

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
feel like I'm losing weight too quickly

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  FoxySocks 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hello ,

Probably not a cause for concern but I’m coming on to week 2 now and Ive already lost 6lbs in my first week. To some this might be really good and desirable but I’m worried Ive lost the weight too quickly – My start weight was 136lbs so I wasn’t too heavy to begin with!

I might just be overreacting – has anyone else lost loads on their first week? I’m hoping it’ll slow down a little.

I lost 8lbs my first week, it is water weight – losses will even out.

I made the exact same post when I first started.

I lost 7 my first week, stayed the same my second, and 1 mine 3rd, so it seems to level out. You can always decrease to 1 fast a week if you continue to feel like you are losing too quickly.

What is the layman’s science behind the loss of ‘water weight’ folk keep referring to? How and why does it happen?

For 1st week it’s good…

Hi Little and welcome:

See my 17 Jan 15 post in this thread: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Thanks, not quite a newbie but appreciate the link!

When you change your caloric intake your body starts taking energy from a carb called glycogen – glycogen stores water, so as this is burned the water goes.

That is how I remember it from my old PT, I probably got some stuff wrong.

X

That’s more scientific than I thought it’d be! Thought ‘losing water weight’ was one of those mythical made up things like ‘breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince’. Thanks for simple explanation 🙂

Hi Little:

There is much science behind weight loss, but most of it is simple. As many want to make money ‘helping’ people lose weight, they come up with stuff that sounds good but is really almost worthless – but anything to sell a book.

If you think about it, you really can’t lose a lot of weight quickly (except for water weight). Let’s say your TDEE is 2000 – that means you neither gain nor lose eating 2000 cal. a day. Now assume you completely stop eating. Your body still needs 2000 per day to operate, so that is what it will ‘burn’ daily. 2000 times 7 = 14000 cal. a week burned if you eat absolutely nothing all week. 14000 cal = about 4 pounds, which is about what long term water fasters lose over time (not counting their initial water weight losses). Note they don’t suffer from ‘starvation mode’ – they just keep losing weight.

So consistently losing a lot of weight each week is very, very hard when you are eating food. That is why the average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week over time.

Good Luck!

Excellent! Thanks guys 🙂 I was only expecting to lose like 2lbs every week or something so it kinda shocked me!

Can’t wait to find out what week 2 has in store for me. Hopefully some fat will come off this time!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.