Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,561 replies, has 410 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 5 hours, 59 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 35,951 through 36,000 (of 36,054 total)

• Afternoon!
    Dave- you’ve done really well, nice that you & Denise can support each other…
    Jean- how is your sister doing, are her legs any better? Exciting going to Texas, how long will it be before your eldest grandson will go to college? Is it 18 in the US like our Uni?
    Hemmy- lunch out sounded good! So nice to have a decent size garden. Mum likes the M&S meals, she has ready meals most of the time but she does extra veg with them like you do…Are your extra 2lbs off yet?! You usually lose them quickly…I’m okay with doing the keto at home, but eating out is really hard, & Christmas will be too!
    Neck is much better today so got some cleaning done, weather’s not nice so an indoor day. Been looking up some keto recipes to try, summer’s easy with salad, have found some soup & stir fry recipes.
    GCSE results today- the friend I walk with is really chuffed for her younger daughter, she worked so hard & has done brilliantly, elder one’s A level results weren’t so good as she didn’t work at all! Glad we’ve finished all that!
    Have a good day šŸ„°

Jean I’ll be in Spain at that time. A beautiful day here today sunshine all the way. My son’s gone to London for a few days so just Denise and I plus Chloe. At bowls today the team I play for on Friday played the “B” team from Monday (I play for the A team) on Monday.I win 21-9 so finished the week with a win.

Morning Allā€¦
    Another day another dollarā€¦
    What a day yesterday no power for 20 hours, no WiFi, no phoneā€¦ we did get a couple of hours on for a couple of hours in the afternoon. 7am to 4am.
    We managed to go to the next town and with fingers crossed the chippy was open.
    Lucky our village hall had power on so managed the cancer charity coffee morning but not many people turned up as they thought it was off.

Hedgehog..
    Chris was moving around better legs still swollen but she had her slippers on normally itā€™s thick socks only.
    Cole is looking for uniā€™s but also looking at the military, they can do uni exams as they go. He wants law and politics but still not sure..still another year at school.
    Glad your neck feels much better hope the keto helps again. Itā€™s nice to change about.

Dave..
    Shame we canā€™t have a pint at 6 am at the airport and meet up šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ā€¦ Miss you by a couple of hours such a shame.

Nothing planned over the weekend.. look in the freezer and see what damage has been done.. more the soft bread type things I will throw..I went in at 9 pm and ice cubes were still solid.. so possibly ok.

Have a good weekend
    Jean x

Morning everyone, sorry for not posting but have been out everyday this week. Monday was nice as we went to Hunstanton known jokingly as sunny hunny and it was lovely and sunny, we enjoyed fish and chips.
    Also have resumed our Wednesday lunchtime meet up with one of our friends whose able to come again after having a hip replacement. Sadly our other friends are still unable to make it yet.
    Not unsurprisingly I stayed the same weight this week.
    Jean what a nightmare with the power cut, hope you’ve not lost to much frozen food.
    Dave nice to finish with a win.
    Nothing planned here for the weekend, however, our village pub are running a cider festival for the bank holiday weekend so might pop in there on Monday.
    Hope everyone is keeping alright.
    Nana xxx

Good morning everyone how are we all today. I had to much to eat yesterday so must do better today. Chloe was messing about on the bed this morning,I would stroke her head and when I stop she would poke me with her long nose until I did it againšŸ˜ she’s a little monkey. When I got up she’s straight on my sofa stretched out so I can’t get on it, she does this every morning. She stands up to let me sit down then flops down again and shoves her bum on mešŸ¤Ŗ.

Evening All..

Busy doing holiday things then we decided to go to garden centre for coffee and cake ( biscuits for Charlie) bought some plants for Steveā€™s planter.

Freezer was fine, we had about two hours electricity in the afternoon before it went off again.. I am sure they do it just to tick them over.. they have done this before. I must buy a camper stove just to make a cuppa the power seems to go off often these days.. I must investigate it.

Nana..
    You seem to have had a busy enjoyable week.. the cider festival sounds good.. Kay would like that.

Dave..
    These dogs do test usā€¦.taking over completely .. they definitely keep us under controlā€¦

Jean x

Good morning everyone. xxxx

It s a beautiful day after yesterdays rain.. we got absolutely soaked .. but of course Pip didn’t care lol.

So we had a day of reading and relaxing … beef baguette for lunch and dinner lol .which was soo tasty .. and didn’t seem to harm the scales lol. I am a pound up on my best weight..

Today its in the garden. my favourite place .A cheese and onion quiche with salad today and tomoz… easy.

H H .. How is you Keto going.. you did that for a long time and did do so well on it.
    Is it easier for you now with no boys to cater for?

Nana.. Enjoy the weekend .. the cider Fest should be fun… especially being within walking distance of home.

Dave.. Lol these lovely animals do know how to rule us lol.

Sym..You must be getting excited now getting your holiday things ready.

So good you never got freezer stuff wasted. That would have been annoying having to sort that all out now.

Have a lovely day every one .. as my Mum used to say.. ” Sunday is a day of rest “Xxxx

Good morning everyone, I’ve bought a wireless charger that will charge my phone, watch and ring I charged all three together to try it out and it works great. Jean you must get a power bank then your phone will be charged on the next power cut. We have a gas hob so if the power goes we can still make a brew.I just tried my Bluetooth earbuds on my charger and they work on it as wellšŸ˜. It looks a nice sunny day so won’t get wet on our walk. Speedway tomorrow at 12noon against Sheffield then the return leg at Sheffield in the evening. They call it the war of the roses.Sheffield Tiggers ride at Owlerton stadium and that’s where Chloe used to run, she’s not as fast as the bikes in fact she’s so slow now I have to pull her round, they’re are 3 women who for outside in the sun having a glass of wine and they all laugh when I go past with Chloe. They say I see she’s pulling againšŸ˜.

Morning All.
    A good walk down bridle paths, across the fields.. all the crops are being gathered in.. autumn on its way..
    A beautiful morning it does make you feel good.

Planting Steveā€™s planter and a bush/tree needs 4ā€™ cutting off to make it more manageable. I did one and it looks ok now itā€™s growing. I need it smaller then I donā€™t have to climb on my 6ā€™ steps..!

Hemmy..
    Well done on the weight I am a tad up 4 lbs I canā€™t seem to shake it off maybe after my hols.
    We are both in the garden today itā€™s so lovely but not too hot. Quiche always a good choice enjoy..

Dave..
    I do have a power pack somewhere.. it wouldnā€™t have been any use as the mast was down too.. must get a camp stove to keep in the garage, at least I could have a cuppa and a bacon butty!!
    We are so close to the power station and we go off every time..
    Your new charger sounds a good investment..

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Jean- what a pain yesterday! I would definitely get a camping stove if I were you, & some extra camping gas cylinders, they’re not too expensive…most of the power banks you just keep charged & use to charge your phone, if WiFi is off at least you can still make phone calls…
    Dave- well done with the bowling! Hope your son has a good trip…Chloe sounds such a sweetheart šŸ˜˜
    Nana- good you stayed the same after your busy week! Enjoy the good weather when we get it now I think, hope the cider festival is good!
    Hemmy- enjoy your garden today, don’t work too hard! Yes, keto is definitely easier with the boys not around!
    I’ve lost nearly 4lbs the 1st week of keto, it’s usually just water weight though! We were planning a BBQ Friday but the weather didn’t seem good first thing, today started lovely so invited mum over, now it’s turned chillier & windy šŸ™Ž Yesterday poured all day so didn’t go to the mini festival here, I could hear the music when I took Xena out last thing, it sounded good…took her to the beach this morning for our walk, it was beautiful!
    Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend everyone šŸ™‚

I don’t know if Chloe would like a beach she definitely would not run around on it. I’ve never particularly liked beaches apart from when I was very young. We never go on them on holiday, It’s feeling cold today just been out for our second walk and had my woolly hat on. At least it’s not raining Roast lamb for teašŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹my favourite.Denise s been doing around 800 calories every day so she said she’ll have a day off today, but won’t go to mad.

Morning All..
    A beautiful day and relaxing walkā€¦ I can walk for ever these sort of days.

Going to visit a Hall and Gardens with Jacqui and Philip with coffee and cake so no fasting today.

Hedgehogā€¦
    I had no signal from the tower so I donā€™t think the bank would work.. I did have some power but no connection at allā€¦ I think I do have one somewhere Steve used it while in hospital.
    A camping stove might be good idea
    Well done on the 4 lbs off the keto does suit you. I miss the beach walksā€¦.

Dave..
    Enjoy your roast lamb my favouriteā€¦ it was chilly yesterday much better todayā€¦

Jean x

Good morning everyone off to the speedwa I really like my new charger and I think my son will like it to buy he can’t pinch this one. A dull day but dry so all good for speedway. Had to much bread yesterday so will keep an eye on that. No Idea what to have for tea, will have a think about it while at the track.

Evening!
    Had a nice day today, hubby went to an antique fair, I walked Xena at the park next to it then we had a quick walk by the river & up through the town- even having had a run first she was still loopy & excited šŸ¤¦ popped to see youngest son, didn’t take her in his flat as he’s not supposed to have pets, not sure she’d have liked the stairs, she’s such a weird one with different floors šŸ˜‚ Did quite bit in the garden this afternoon.

Good morning everyone.. Xxxx

It looks a lovely day at 23 deg .. a nice workable temp. Still lots todo in the garden .. I need to sort out getting some big conifers trimmed A guy comes every year.

It been a quiet weekend here .. no BBQ smells at all.

H H .I love antique fairs.. I haven’t seen any advertised here for ages. Well done on the 4lbs loss .. the Keto definitely suits you..

Sym..A camping stove sounds a good idea .. Hopefully you don’t get too many power cuts this winter.

Dave.. Hope you enjoyed the speedway.

Enjoy your day everyone.. Its the little things that count Xxxx

Morning All..
    A long walk collected two people on my way, havenā€™t seen them in a while. Cows at the other gate so we walked the bank the other way.

Planter needs doing today and take to cemetery.. then maybe some shopping.

Fasting today

Hedgehogā€¦
    Xenaā€™s loopy ness never seems to have left her..shame she canā€™t visit your son, could you sneak her in.

Hemmy..
    We get quite a lot of power cuts but usually just a couple of hours.. I had a lovely day out at the Hall and gardens yesterday, coffee and cake. A brass band was playing too.

Jean x

Good afternoon, been shopping and for some reason it always rains when we go to Sainsbury’s.My virgin bill for TV, phone and broadband as just shot up in price by about Ā£60.I told them I was leaving then last time and got a big reduction. Don’t know if they will do it again. May have to look elsewhere. Don’t need all the channels I have, can watch most of stuff on catch-up.I watch City football but I pay Ā£5 per month and can watch all their games all be it the day after the game. Still raining here autumn is very close.

Evening!
    Jean- your day out sounds lovely!
    Dave- was the game good against Ipswich? They’ve lost both their games but not badly so hopefully holding their own? Hope you got something sorted for your TV …
    Hemmy- hubby wasn’t too impressed with the fair yesterday, had to pay (luckily only a pound!) & not much there! They have some quite big ones near us but they’re very expensive & hoity toity šŸ˜‚
    Hope you enjoyed the garden today?
    Got a few indoor jobs done & some tidying outside, plus dug up some potatoes – won’t be eating any now though! Had my lowest carb day so far- only 11.5grams…bought some testing sticks to check I’m in ketosis & all good. Had a cheese omelette, first one I’ve had for ages, can’t make them as well as my Dad did…

HH Ipswich have just played the 2 best teams in the league so no disgrace losing to them. The Aces also best Ipswich so a good week for me. My daughter as lost half a stone so she’s doing well. Were all losing weight.

I lost a pound and a half this week so happy with that. Off to get out boarding passes , not too long to wait now. I’ll be happy if I can stay under a stone gained on holiday.Having the usual battle for the sofa with Chloe, she’s so long, I get a tiny bit at the end and she as the restšŸ˜.

Afternoonā€¦
    A good walk on the riverbank again.. so lovely and quiet. Charlie seems to re active to a few more dogs I donā€™t know why!

Shopping for more holiday food things and got some dollars.. struggling to get chocolate buttons must go to a different shop..wanting to go to the cheaper shops as it soon adds up.

Hedgehog..
    Shame you canā€™t eat the lovely potatoes..when I was in keratosis in the past my breath smelt awful, how do you get around that.. or does it affect people different? Hope it works for you.

Dave..
    Itā€™s good your wife and daughter are joining you and loosing.. I think it helps a lot. A bit more off to add to the pot.. well done.

Jean x

Hi everyone in our little corner. lol xxxx

Just back from Bicester shopping.. .

Ohh road works awful and don’t seem to improve at all .. I really don’t care much for driving these days. lol
    Needed to go to the Post Office to pay bills…
    Went to Lidl to shop.. I hadnt been there for months as been going to Tesco.. I will continue with Tesco I think.. over all good prices and I do like some brand named things.

Jacket Potato later with some prawns and salad. Will make up a garlic and parsley .. lemon mayo. Tasty and fresh.

Dave.. well done with your loss… brilliant. It makes it easier I would imagine you all doing it. When is your holiday.

H H .. That low carb diet is good .. it certainly gets the weight off.

Sym… Ohh talking about chocolate buttons.. I was only having a conversation about them in the Coop the other day.. .. I used to buy them for my friend Pips Granddaughter ..they have gone up to Ā£1.80 for a smallish pkt. that used to be Ā£1.30

Enjoy your day everyone.. Beauty is being kind to others. Xxxx

Evening!
    Jean- funny how dogs change, a bit like kids I think, you sort out one bad habit & another pops up! Xena is lovely with people now, she used to react alot, fine with dogs, now she’s a bit funny with bigger dogs! I suppose Charlie has had a couple of set-to’s which makes him a bit more edgy? Exciting getting ready for your holiday, & for Dave too! I haven’t had any breath issues (that I know of!) , it’s common but not everyone gets it.
    Dave- well done, & really good the family all losing! Would Chloe take treats from strangers, or would she be too scared?
    Hemmy- all the food is so expensive! Your prawn & lemon mayo sounds nice, I made a tartare sauce tonight, it was good, although not quite right! I’ve been having fish again since starting the keto, that is so pricey…
    Did our shopping today, enjoyed the sun & sat outside with a book. Made salmon burger things tonight, altered a weight watchers recipe a bit, they were really good. Another nice day forecast for tomorrow here!

Morning All..
    Beautiful day hereā€¦nothing planned today.. grass cut needed.

Jacqui coming up tomorrow we are going to the cafe boat I think. Lunch here and coffee and then cake sat on the riverbank.

Hemmy..
    Buttons are very expensive I can get them for Ā£1.35, last year they were about 85p.
    Ā£5 a packet in the states English shop, they do like British chocolate. Just bits to put them in their Xmas bag with money.
    Always nice to get the jobs done. End of month again!
    What are you doing today?

Hedgehogā€¦
    I need you put Charlie back under training yet again..he is too strong if heā€™s having a do!
    Fish is very expensive still meat is tooā€¦ you donā€™t know what to eat.. I am not really bothered with food.. as they say I eat to live not live to eat šŸ˜‚

Daveā€¦
    Thatā€™s a job for today get the case out.. I shall leave packing and sorting to end of next week..

Jean x

HH Chloe won’t even take chews from me outside, people have tried but non have succeeded. It’s sunny here at the moment but rain predicted at 1pm so will wait and see. Bowling today and tomorrow.Virgin have put my package up to Ā£148 per month, so I’ll try and get it vastly reduced like I did last time or leave them all together. The more I think about it I’ll probably leave them. I’ll miss the fast broadband but should be able to get broadband that’s fast enough from Three.

Evening!
    Dave- crazy prices for your TV package! Hope you get it all sorted…
    Jean- I just use treats with Xena when we’re out, if I can get her attention before she spots anything! She sneaked out behind me when I went to put something in the car, & then ran down the drive to bark at a boy across the road who was waving his stick about, I was mortified! She really doesn’t like him…have a lovely day out tomorrow !
    Hemmy- hope you’ve had a good day today!
    Where’s Typhoon gone again?! & our newbies, do we frighten them away, I think we’re very welcoming šŸ˜•
    We went to the seaside today for a mooch about in the sun, it was hotter than at home though! Managed to resist ice cream šŸ˜‡

Morning Allā€¦
    Looks a lovely day, we seem to be having heavy clouds every day so keeps the temperature down.

Going to the park then on to pick things up from the bakeryā€¦Jacqui is coming about 10am.. back to school on Monday herā€¦

Hedgehog..
    Yes the newbies come and go.. do they find it too hard?? I suppose we do it without thinking….
    The treats are out and he is in training.. although he always is.. dallys soon take a mile when they can.
    I worry when we leave the house as he will chase cats.. I try and have him on leadā€¦ or a long lead if washing car and heā€™s in his bed.

Dave..
    Hope you can find your new tv.

Jean x

Good morning everyone. Xxxx

Its another beautiful day .. its lovely to see that blue sky and sunshine.

I am back to my best weight this morning .. it will be harder in winter when not so active..

I really enjoyed my soup I made yesterday ..I am going to keep it going.. Years ago I always had a soup on the go .. Andrews mother a good cook always had a pot on the go. She continually added to it ..I did the same. Kristy and her friends loved it.

H H .. These dogs remind me of naughty children at times.lol They understand well enough words like ” treats ” lol
    I so envy your easy reach of the sea. We are so far away.. but easy reach of the beautiful Cotswolds.. so shouldn’t moan really.

Dave.. Not long till your holiday..

Sym… Have a lovely day with your daughter..X I think its just natural instinct for the dogs to chase cats. At least I never get any in the garden lol.

Have a good day all .. Happy Friday Xxxx

Good morning everyone up early by my standards. Couldn’t sleep so got up and in the shower.Ive not contacted virgin yet, been looking round at what I need. I’ve got Prime video and can watch the football on MCTV,if I buy the Freeview box I can always put sport on that, think it would be a lot cheaper Than what I pay for sport now. The box would cost approximately what I would pay for 2 months virgin tv and broadband. I’ve looked at broadband and I think Vodafone would be the one I go for. Around Ā£30 per month for fast broadband. I’d look into getting sport on now TV the box I would buy also as android TV so you can put apps on it. Don’t know how many but definitely the ones to pay for TNT Sports and Sky sports. So I will see what that comes to. And can cancel it when the football ends until the next season begins.

Good morning everyone up early by my standards. Couldn’t sleep so got up and in the shower.Ive not contacted virgin yet, been looking round at what I need. I’ve got Prime video and can watch the football on MCTV,if I buy the Freeview box I can always put sport on that, think it would be a lot cheaper Than what I pay for sport now. The box would cost approximately what I would pay for 2 months virgin tv and broadband. I’ve looked at broadband and I think Vodafone would be the one I go for. Around Ā£30 per month for fast broadband. I’d look into getting sport on now TV the box I would buy also as android TV so you can put apps on it. Don’t know how many but definitely the ones to pay for TNT Sports and Sky sports. So I will see what that comes to. And can cancel it when the football ends until the next season begins.

Evening!
    Dave- all sounds very complicated šŸ˜‚
    Jean- hope you had a lovely day with Jacqui, enjoy the treats…
    Hemmy-well done with your weight!
    I’ve been reading up lots of a keto forum- lots of scientific debates & research, the idea with keto is to stick to it so your metabolism can reset before doing much fasting, everyone says don’t look at the scales for a month but measure if you want…I didn’t do the last time, jumped straight into long fasts, so will give it a go & leave it a bit before I fast, maybe just IF if I’m not too hungry, & no weighing!
    Short notice but both the boys are coming for dinner tomorrow night, will do a BBQ…
    Have a good weekend everyone!

NO WEIGHING can’t believe that, it will kill you. I can go months with the scales if I wanted to. I’ll have a cuppa then go to bed.

Good afternoon everyone. Xxxx

Its a disappointing day here.. forecast was sunshine .. but it s been windy and cloudy quite chilly at the moment.

Its our village fete today.. just been for an hour but its getting a bit old hat now I think. It needs new younger blood to organize it.

Called at the Coop for cold beef slices and crusty baguette dinner this evening.. I have put myself on holiday this weekend lolol as I rarely go away.

Since Kristy came 2 weeks ago no wine at all a few ciders.and I really notice the difference with eating too.. Not so hungry . Wine seems to start me wanting sweet treats. Cider doesnt ..It sonly 4% Alco

H H .. Enjoy your BBQ with your boys.. X

Dave.. I don’t know how you resist those scales..lolol its my first thing every morning .. it keeps me on track.

Sym… What are you up to today, x

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.. ā€œLoving yourself isnā€™t vanity; itā€™s sanity.ā€ Xxxx

Evening All..

A busy day faffing, shopping for lemons took 3 shops as I needed the right weight.. I have made 10 jars of lemon marmalade, I shall share them with Philip son in law.
    Took me longer than I remember.

A lovely day Friday we went on to the river bank to the boat cafe took Jacqui with me, it was so quiet we sat there for two hours.

Dave..
    Hope you got virgin all sorted it takes ages to get throughā€¦

Hedgehog..
    Hope you can get back into keto, I have given up now until October after holiday. Have a good bbq with the boys.

Hemmy..
    Keep saying must get some cider I do like it.. just for a change.
    I bought cooked turkey and also cooked ham, two packets for Ā£5 instead of Ā£6.. better quality but well worth it.. two meals out of each packet.

Looking at meditation, spiritual awareness, inner peace, itā€™s making me feel much better, more contented.. I suppose. Doing a lot of research.

Jean x

It took me 1.5 hours to get through to virgin and then they only vent on because I said I would be reporting what was going on,on facebook.It worked, they knocked Ā£30 off so I told them to cancel my subscription. They kept trying but in the end I have managed to leave them. My contract ends on the 30th of September.

Good morning everyone going to buy my Freeview box today so Denise dosent miss all her soaps. On the lookout for a new broadband provider. Think it will be Vodafone if not EE. The sun as just come out so looking good for today. First day of Autumn, where did summer go.

Morning All..
    A good dry walk but rain has started now it wasnā€™t forecast.

The tractors are out, harvesting is being collected in, the fields are getting to be bare, a change of season, all is wellā€¦šŸ„°

I managed 10 jars of lemon marmalade, I shall give Phillip 5ā€¦ itā€™s a bit loose as hardly any pips for the pectin, still very delicious.

A relaxing day nothing much happening hereā€¦ a couple of things to ironā€¦

Dave..
    I am with BT we tried the others but find this one better and quicker for our area. I am on the fast one but not as fast as you.
    What meats on offer for dinner today?

Jean x

Good afternoon everyone…. Its a beautiful day.

We had a weather warning for today of storms..and now i see the local forecast has changed and all clear. So very annoying for those that have cancelled out side events.

I am having an easy Sunday .. I have changed the bed and got that all dry.. and been to the local shop.

Its roast beef slices in baguette today no cooking. I will have a good read in the garden this afternoon..

Dave.. Like Sym I am with BT been with them forever since I can remember.Overall no problems with them. Lots in the village always complaining about different ones.

Sym… Your lemon marmalade sounds lovely .. I had forgotten about the lemon one as always buy orange.
    How is Philip.

Enjoy your day all .. A happy Sunday makes for a happy week. Xxxx

Morning All..
    A misty start to the day at 6am. Hope itā€™s a nice one.

I must start getting my holiday things together, time is ticking on. A couple of birthday cards are on the list which I forgot need to be posted before I go.
    About 10 days countdown.

Hemmyā€¦
    My lemon marmalade was a bit soft but tasty I only got 6 pips out of 6 large lemons, you need them for the pectin. Hoping it sets firmer.
    Phil seems a lot better but still on strong tablets.
    We are having rain today lots of storms forecast we have had a warning but not on our village /area weather app.
    Have a good day..

Jean x

Good morning everyone. xxxx

It s a grey start here with drizzle..hopefully brightens up for our walk later. We were getting used to the dry days.

Not sure whats the plan today .. I need to sort some clothes out and have a charity bag for collection tomorrow. .. Lots of things really need go especially bags and shoes.. I am a hoarder lol.

Sym,,, I am so glad your SIL is feeling better and continues to do so. .. Do you get up at a certain time each day .. I have noted both my neighbours seem to be up earlier than my 7.30 am.. How long are you away.

Enjoy your day FB Brits You can only reap the fruits if you nourish the plant. Xxxx

Good morning everyone you all get up much earlier than me, I get up at 10am, Burt don’t go to bed until around 2am. I’ve had BT in the past and sky and virgin.I bought my Freeview box and tried recording, it works great. I’m thinking of getting EE which BT own but are supposed to be better than BT.I would get Vodafone but city fibre put the broadband in, not sure I trust them whereas EE use openreach who have done things for me before.I can afford to get a good package for broadband because I’ll be saving Ā£148 per month that I’ll be paying virgin.

Afternoon Allā€¦
    Very humid here but the heavy rain warning has been cancelled..
    Just wrote my birthday and Christmas cards for Texas, save me doing it when I get there.
    Lots of things have gone in the case. I have some small leak free bottles coming today from Amazon for decanting toiletries.

Hemmy..
    I am away 17 days, Charlie is going to Fayā€™s house only 2 mins away. She is finishing at the end of year.
    Good you are sorting charity bags I am up to dateā€¦ a few shoes to go???
    I am awake 5.30/6am.. I make a cuppa, Charlie goes out and we go back to bed, up about 7.30/8am.

Dave..
    Have you sorted your broadband out yet?

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Dave- Denise will be pleased to be able to record her soaps again! I’m not sure I’ll manage not weighing, the only time I can keep off the scales usually is when I know I’ve gained šŸ˜‚
    Jean- the cafe trip sounded nice, never heard of lemon marmalade, hope it sets well…
    Hemmy- weather forecasts seem to be hopeless! Shame your village fete needs a revamp, I guess as always it’s the same people who volunteered for it, the youngest ones are probably busy working & with families?
    The weather wasn’t good on Saturday, ended up doing a roast, we had a lovely evening…Had a lazy day yesterday, caught up with a few jobs…glad I’m not fasting, I’ve been really hungry today!

Good afternoon everyone. Xxxx

Its a mixed weather day today.. drizzle again this morning.. warm now dry but dull.

I cant get motivated today.. so I think I will just relax and read Its good to have some easy days.
    I had coffee with my painter writer friend after walking
    I wish I had a hobby .. I do have the garden but I don’t think of it being a hobby somehow lol.

My friend suggested lots of crafts etc but I dont have the feeling for them lol.

Not sure what to have for dinner what is everyone else having.

Dave.. thats the beauty of being retired you can get up and go to bed when you fancy.

H H … Yes its the same peeps s running everything in the village..Its often the way . lol.
    Is it a fasting day for you.

Sym…Thats a lovely time to be away its a good 2 weeks plus the travel.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.. Happiness starts and ends with you. Xxxx

Afternoon All..
    Lovely day here.. a lovely catchup walk with Natalie I didnā€™t see her last week, I do miss her sheā€™s a lovely girl. Busy flying.

Few bits bought in town this morningā€¦ needed another birthday card.

Hedgehog..
    Lemon marmalade didnā€™t set too good a bit soft.. I needed pips I only got I think 5, I took a lot of peel out too, I only like a small amount. I think it was needed to set too ā€¦ it is tasty though..
    How was your family have you met them yet?

Hemmy..
    I havenā€™t done much either.. reading a bit.
    Trying to do relaxing and meditation, clearing the mind. I find it quite interesting.. doing a bit of research.. it keeps you busy and faffing.. till I go off the idea šŸ˜‚
    What do you do??? Seem to be past the crafting things, usually because I canā€™t see properly.. I need new glasses I think. Threading needles and things canā€™t be bothered now.
    I donā€™t know what I am eating tonight.. canā€™t be bothered šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£ itā€™s got to be an age thing..

Jean x

Evening!
    Hemmy- what did you decide on for dinner? We’re having much easier meals now I’m not cooking for the boys…smoked salmon & scrambled eggs tonight! I think the garden is definitely a hobby, you like reading too? I do like making cards but need to spread everything out, we have got more room now though, I could start it again!
    Jean- how are you getting on with meditation? I’d be no good at emptying my mind, get distracted enough in my morning prayer time!
    Dave- what will you find to do when the bowling finishes for the winter?
    Didn’t get much sleep at all last night, got up at 2.30am! We had to take hubby’s car in for MOT & service, then rang my new HomeStart family, we were talking for nearly 2 hours, she has alot to offload! Very nice lady…will be an early night for me!

When the bowling finishes,4 of us go and practice bowls on Monday and Wednesday afternoon.I have ordered broadband from EE ,super fast so my son should be happy. There TV box I bought is great I can get Freeview on it and record 1000 hours of TV so Denise will be happy. I go to MoreLife tomorrow so I’ll be weighed there, one of the women texted me this afternoon to see if I’m going, I said yes so she said she would meet me there before 1pm. She’s dosent wasn’t to go in on her own.

Morning All..
    Dry and dreary here.. I am sure I am walking faster my routes are not taking my usual time!!!

Going for a pedi and nails ready for hols.

Hedgehog..
    I do like it but my Irish man puts me to sleep then bells wake me up šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£, in 30 mins I usually go off about three times. I donā€™t do it every day.
    Hope you sleep better last night..

Dave..
    Your plane 25 mins late this morningā€¦..howā€™s your packing goingā€¦.
    If you go on line and just put your flight number in.. it tells you, time, gate numberā€¦

Jean x

I leave the packing to Denise she won’t let me near it. Never been on a jet2 plane hope they’re is enough room for my legs. The first time I flew think it was with Thomas Cook there was no room at all I stood up for most of the flight. The last few times we’ve gone with TUI the plane as been late every time.A dull day today, think I’ve put on some weight this week but will have lost over the month hopefully. I’ll get on the scales when I’m dry after my shower.

I lost a pound so very happy with that.

Viewing 50 posts - 35,951 through 36,000 (of 36,054 total)

You must be logged in to reply.