Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 35,184 replies, has 406 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 4 hours, 35 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 35,551 through 35,600 (of 35,672 total)

• Afternoon All..
    I stayed the same for the 5 th week, it will move in its own time!

Played in a boules tournament 13-4 13-8 so I won to take the game.. surprised as Christine was in last years final.. next game Tuesday depending on weather. Playing a guy called Chris.

Hemmy..
    Dress is a black background with splashes like big tulips pink, green and gold.. a wrap around with a V front.. a bit fussy, floaty cap sleeves and floaty frills at the bottom. Cocktail dress midi length. I feel nice in it.
    Everyone in couples so a difficult for me..

Dave..
    Hope you get to your bowling..

Jean x

I do so hope Michael Mosley is found very soon.. safe and well. It must be soo very worrying for his family. Xxxx

I played a lady at bowls and she slaughtered mešŸ˜«. Can’t win them all. I won the previous 5 games. Chloe’s on the sofa next to me just for a change. She must sleep over 20 hours a day, making up for when she was running.

Thanks for the replies. I think Iā€™ll do daily weigh ins initially and measurements monthly. Then see how it goes.

Brads27, Iā€™ve got a CockerPoo called Lando (one of my sons is a massive F1 fan). But I road ride so Iā€™m expecting my cardio to come from that, and hopefully not chasing the dog.

Iā€™ll post measurements / weight on Monday for accountability.

Thanks for the advice and have a great weekend all.

Afternoon everyone, posting from our holiday flat that will be our home for the week. The sun is shining at the moment not sure about the week ahead though.
    Pleased to see a one and a half pounds lost on the scales this morning, however, when we arrived here we had a nice pub lunch so it’s probably gone back on now.
    Slider love your dogs name , my OH is a big F1 fan and follows Lando Norris and George Russell. I don’t own a dog but have a lovely black labrador grand dog called Poppy that I look after occasionally, plus as my daughter and son in law only live 6 miles away I get to see her quite often.
    Have a good weekend everyone and I’ll try to remember to post on Monday.
    Nana xxx

I like F1 but fed up of Max winning all the time, it is getting better. I go to speedway every week.Football got to expensive. Used to go to ice hockey as well with my son.I think my dog would have best the F1 cars over a 10 yard race šŸ˜„her grandad twice won the greyhound derby. But I’ve never seen her run apart from on YouTube.

Evening!
    Jean- the dress sounds lovely, does sound like the wedding will be difficult, you’re brave going šŸ¤—
    Nana- well done with your loss, have a fab holiday! We were just along from the Lifeboats pub back in April, we love Sheringham too šŸ„°
    Dave- your Chloe is such a cuddlebug… shame about the bowling!
    Hemmy- I laughed thinking of you creeping round to your neighbours in your dressing gown, hope it doesn’t all take too long every day!
    Slider- we have a very mad lab called Xena. How far to you ride? I loved cycling but had to give it up as I had a slipped disc in my neck, I miss it…
    Lost a pound this week! We went out for a river walk somewhere I’ve never been, very lovely but we were looking to see if we could take Xena, definitely not, nowhere to let her off lead, & she needs a good run every day! Took her for an extra forest walk with hubby when we got back- it’s our village show tonight & tomorrow on the park so she couldn’t have a play there. Youngest son popping round shortly to park here, he’s going to help my nephew with catering at the show, he can’t do any on call with the fire service all weekend as they’re too short staffed… Hopefully nephew will do well again, it’s usually very busy. Won’t be a FD tomorrow as I often do as I’ll be going to the show for an ice cream!
    Have a good weekend!

Watching the football now, Chloe can smell food so she’s deserted me šŸ¤Ŗ.More room for mešŸ˜„Chloe is as long as the sofa when she stretches out, she’s so tall, think she’s bigger than DenisešŸ¤£.

I donā€™t ride that far. Tend to do 20 miles in an hour or so for fitness, instead of long slower rides. But given the advice in the 5:2 book about HIIT Iā€™m going to build in a hill repeat that will serve nicely for that.
    Sorry about your back. Thatā€™s rough.

20 miles seems pretty good to me.A long time since I had a bike. Never went very far on it, I think Stockport was the furthest I went.I tripped up and fell over my dogs toys so not feeling my best at the moment. The sun is out so the speedway should be ok tonight for the British final. I’ll watch it on TV. Having Kung Foo chicken tonightšŸ¤£ that’s what I call itšŸ¤£šŸ¤£.My ultra expensive smart ring should come next week, I’ll be amazed if it works but you never know.

Afternoon All..
    Been to see Jacqui for a few hours, sent off for some jumpers from Next for winter, reduced.

Contacted my window man for my blown panes and a painter to quote for outsideā€¦ could be expensive!

Feeling quite sad about Michael, I canā€™t see him climbing up the mountain in that heat, he would be too sensible for that. I wonder if heā€™s been attacked it all sounds so wrong and iffy.

Slider..
    I have a Dalmatian called Charlie aged 8.. he keeps me well walkedā€¦

Nana..
    Well done on your loss. Have a lovely holiday. We loved Sheringham ..

Hedgehog..
    Well done on loosing.. lovely to find a new walk in your local area.. these dogs do cause problems..
    I have got Charlie in at my new found kennels for February and September 2025.. I shall cancel the small one I would rather him go to just one so he can feel settled.

Dave..
    Enjoy speedway today ā€¦

Might have a fast day tomorrow.. I am eating too much!

Jean x

Jean good you found a good kennel for Charlie. I think we are joined at the hip Chloe and I. She’s next to me in bed when I woke up and then almost sat on me on the sofa. Denise as gone in the kitchen so Chloe’s jumped up on her sofašŸ˜„. I’m aching a little after my fall yesterday šŸ«¤ but can still get around ok. Speedway was good last night our local rider won the British title again, three years in a row now. The speedway world cup is on here in July. I was asked be email if I wanted tickets but to expensive Ā£200.It is for 4 days but I’ll watch it on the telly. Going to be risky 4 days in Manchester without rain.

Afternoon Allā€¦
    A good walk this morning but chilly again, winter coat back out.
    A good clean up and good bottoming downstairs ..kept busy..

Fasting today and next two days.. wedding on wed and thurs so a funny week..

I have had a painter around so going to quote me for the outside.

Dave..
    Charlie is like Chloe but joined at our hips.. everyone says how spoilt he is.
    Hope you are improving today after your fall..

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Jean x

Busy day yesterday – took Xena to the beach for our early walk, a running club came past, about 30 of them, she was really good & stayed by me until she saw a lad who looked like eldest! She went near him & sniffed, realised it wasn’t him & came straight back šŸ˜‚ Caught up on some more cleaning, went to our village show- got fries from my nephew’s truck but then saw other nephew with his son, greedy Archie had quite a few! Had an ice cream as well & then just salad in the evening, hubby & I walked Xena again in the forest to avoid the park … Did a long walk down to the lake today, cooking a roast for tonight & then Eton mess so just having one meal, very hungry now though! Youngest is coming …
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

I will watch the F1 until the football starts, Denise always watches it. I’m recording the F1 highlights so won’t miss much. Had roast chicken and mash potatoes, didn’t have a lot so under 600 calories. Will do another low day Monday and Tuesday.

Good evening … FB Brits .. hope you are having a good day. Xxxx

Its been really chilly here .. coat on for walking. Its only been 15 deg and felt it.. At least I never had to do any watering at my neighbours all still damp from yesterday . I hope the weather is decent for them fishing in Scotland.

I have had a no cooking day.. roast beef crusty rolls for lunch and dinner . Naughty but nice..

Done lots in the garden I think May/June the very best time of the year. Lots of colour. The pink peonies look wonderful .. picked some and have them in the lounge.

Well done all who lost weight this week Xx

Just going to watch F1 enjoy your evening everyone.

Sunday .. the day to plan a lot then do nothing. Xxxx

Just back from taking Chloe out and got soaked. Is pouring down.A low day today will do the same Monday and Tuesday.

Boo! Guess who!

I’m still around and still trying to keep the weight down.

I think the news of MM made me think back to this forum and how we all met ages ago and shared our journeys.

I’m currently half a stone higher than I want to be but not getting those much needed FDs in. Must do better!

Life is very busy with lawn green bowling, border morris dancing etc

Will try and post more!

Kay x

Morning all.

Day 1 for me. Black tea and water. Pushing through to supper of home made prawn curry, which is really low fat and I love.

Measured my belly and bio stats this morning. So in the spirit of accountabilityā€¦..

10/6/24 (Starting stats)
    Height CM: 178
    Weight lbs: 177.6šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
    BF%: 27.4šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
    Stomach CM: 95 šŸ˜®

Bring on the shred!

Slider your a featherweight šŸ˜„ my legs weigh more than you šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.I weighed more than that when I was at school. You don’t have to much to lose then. I’m shrinking,I used to be 188cm but now I’m about 183cm,I don’t understand metrics really so have to ask Alexa to convert them. Going bowling today but still feel stiff after falling over the dogs toys. Knees are really sore. Your brave having black teašŸ¤¢ got to have milk in for me. Just having a cuppa now but no food I’ll eat tonight around 6pm.

Haha. Not been called featherweight before. Iā€™ve got about 20lbs to lose I reckon. But the all important thing for me is losing the fat itself. Iā€™m not fussed what the weight number is though so fat % is the metric Iā€™ll be watching.
    Very hungry though!

Afternoon All..
    A very chilly day, Charlie walk and been out and about driving.. some parcels (jumpers) going back and a new dog collar needed.. no joy so bought off line.

Second fd today..I am going up in the wrong direction 5 lbs to loose.. I shall try but Katie arriving next week, wedding on Wednesday.. so a big push on July 1st.. we have to have fun.

Hemmy ..
    Too cold for gardening and you have the watering to do. I love beef sandwiches nice and easy.

Kay.,
    Lovely to see you back.. yes I think MM is giving me a kick up the bum.. three fasts on the trot especially for him šŸ„° so very sad.

Slider..
    You seem not at a bad place.. 20 lbs seems a lot more to think of loosing..

Dave..
    Hope your knees hold out for bowling.. boules in the morning for me in the tournament, wet pitch not good for me..

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Keep strong Slider, first fast day is hard but you sound pretty motivated!
    Hemmy- definitely no watering needed here, I don’t think Dave would ever need to water if he had a garden, so wet in Manchester!
    Jean- hope the painting quote isn’t too much, & hope you’re okay doing B2B FDs…
    Dave- your poor knees, you’ll have to teach Chloe to tidy up her toys! Hope your low day is okay & you’re not to hungry!
    Kay- nice to have you back, not too much to lose, I’m surprised you don’t burn it off as you’re so busy!
    Nana- hope you’re having a great holiday but I guess the weather hasn’t been great today!
    Had a lovely meal last night with youngest son, didn’t eat too much. Liquid FD today, been for a very long, cold, & wet walk with my friend, been quite lazy snuggled up trying to get warm this afternoon! We keep saying we want to go out for afternoon tea, but the place we want to go needs you to book, only they never answer the phone! No email either! So we might not get that…
    Keep strong everyone šŸ’Ŗ

Back from bowling I was going to say I wouldn’t play but we only had the bare 8 so I had to play. We lost 5-3 in games,I lost mine but only by 3 points.It was freezing.June is normally nice and warm but not this year so far. Manchester as a bad reputation for rain but Liverpool gets more. Cardiff is the wettest city I think, Manchester is about 9th.Chloe isn’t well so I’ll have to take lots of paper towels with me now on our walk. She’s refused to rest chicken so she must be bad.

Slider you’ll have to get some scales like mine. They tell you body fat% they even tell you the air quality and weather plus lots of other things. I’m going to get a smart ring but waiting until August.

Iā€™ve got bio scales so the data that comes off it is quite extensive.
    I donā€™t know much about the smart rings. Whatā€™s the appeal?

Health tracking, there are various rings that do different things. Much easier to ware a ring in bed than a smart watch.I have 2 smart watches but never ware them in bed. The top 3 rings at the moment are the Aura,ultra human and ringconn.google these and see what you think. I’m waiting for the Samsung ring to come out.

Oura ring not Aura.šŸ˜²šŸ¤£

Good afternoon F B Brits hope you are having a good day..Xxxx

Its strange weather here.. showers… chilly… sunshine warm… lol at the moment really chilly .. April springs to mind. I cant get motivated today at all after our walk.

Such a shame about Michael RIP Xx.. such a brilliant happy man.. He was an inspiration to many people including myself. My thoughts are with his wife and family. Xxxx

Slider.. good luck this week .. lots here weigh on a Friday.

Nana .. enjoy your week away.

Dave…Hope Chloe is feeling better today.

Kay…. Lovely to see you back..You have been missed very much. Xx

H H … Afternoon tea is a lovely treat.. its quite genteel lolol

Sym… Your outfit for the wedding sounds lovely.. you just need some matching weather now.

Egg beans and a few homemade chips here this evening.. Tasty and not bad on cals surprisingly .plus its filling. lol

Enjoy your afternoon everyone.. ā€œLearn to let go. That is the key to happiness.ā€ Xxxx

I’ve just been looking back and in June 2015 I weighed 24 stone 9 poundsšŸ˜± I’m down to 19 stone 5 pounds. Goes to show the 5-2 works.I had poached eggs on toast for tea. So a low day today.I get weighed tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Evening All..
    So chilly here but no rain.. a lovely walk with Natalie I havenā€™t seen her in over a week.

My boules tournament was called off due to him painting??? I cancelled three appointments to accommodate him I am not happy..
    Played pm my usual match in pairs, Tom and I played really well 13-0. 13-0. I have never done that before, they are both good players one a Frenchman.

Still waiting for my painting quote, he is wondering about hiring a cherry picker, I think expensive! See what he decides and price.

Hedgehog..
    3 b2bā€™s, I found today a bit hungry ended about 800.. I shall weigh in tomorrow due to my wedding, hoping I stay the same as I was up over the weekend.
    Love afternoon tea, you must find another to go too.

Dave..
    Hoping Chloe improves upset tummy. Fed up with this cold weather, under my heated blanket!!

Slider..
    Hope you have moved some weight this weekā€¦

Hemmy..
    Egg and chips lovelyā€¦my dad always made me them about the only thing he could cookā€¦ school lunch time..
    Hoping the wedding is inside, she really wanted it outside.. itā€™s blxxdy freezing!!

Thinking of Michael, you really have to live for today it makes you thinkā€¦.so sadā€¦.

Jean x

Hello…
    Jean- hope the weather is better for tomorrow, have a good day! And really well done with 3 FDs, hope the scales are nice tomorrow…
    Dave- poor Chloe, hope her tummy is better soon! Enjoy your watch, you & your gadgets!
    Hemmy- like April here too, so cold & showery, hope it hasn’t wrecked your lovely flowers…
    Slider- how did you get on yesterday?
    Managed to stay fasting right up until dinner tonight so that was 47hrs. My sister came over this morning so we had a good catch up, then had a clear out of paperwork (the boys have left lots here!), & tidied the remainder away upstairs now we have another spare room. Not sure what the boys will think when they come back for dinner- eldest’s is becoming a study & youngest’s a laundry room šŸ˜‚ We have booked 2 nights away in July, a shepherds hut in Norfolk, Xena will love it, a great big field just for her, all fenced off & secure…just hope it’s dry so we can sit outside…

Hi hemmy, Fridayā€™s great as Thursdayā€™s a FD! Fingers crossed.

Hedgehogs, yesterday was easy until lunch time! Then I had to distract myself. Ended up on a bike ride to take me to when I needed to start cooking!

Thanks Symba7 – me too!! šŸ˜‚

Have a nice evening all.

Hedgehog
    I failed tonight a bit I had a g&t still low.. I would like to see your sons faces when everything changedšŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Slider ..
    An early weigh in Wednesday wonā€™t be good this week for me.. I also have my Texas daughter coming over so no fasting for the rest of the month.. big push for Julyā€¦

Jean x

My cheapo smart ring as come do I’m testing it out, heart rate is not right but steps seem ok. I only got it to see how I go on wearing a ring, not done it for a long time. My wedding ring I had to get cut off at hospital, I’d been fishing and was late coming home so I had to climb over a fence and my finger got caught on some wire so I’ve never had a ring since.

Good morning everyone off to MoreLife today, confident I’ll have lost weight, It’s still more like April than June, very nippy.My back is sore since I fell but will carry on regardless. Just took Chloe out, good job she dosent pull. If I let her off the lead she carries on walking as if she’s still on itšŸ¤£.

Back home now and I’ve lost 3lbsšŸ˜„. Going well at the moment. Three more weeks then it’s once a month instead of weekly.

Afternoon!
    Dave- really well done, you’ve done great with this course šŸ‘
    Slider- good idea using exercise to distract you, hope tomorrow’s FD is good…
    Jean- enjoy the wedding, probably alot chillier than they anticipated with a June wedding when they booked it! Hope Charlie is okay with the sitter…
    Nana- hope your weather is better than ours!
    Hemmy- not really a cooking day here, I will make some hummus, having it with flat bread & salad, although feels more like soup weather!
    A muddy walk again this morning, then shopping. My car we think has an oil leak from the back axle, hubby going to take it in. Cleaned mum’s Vax carpet shampooer up & sneaked back with it while she was out- we took out a shrub she’s let grow in the drive, I don’t think she’ll notice, have been nagging her to do it for ages so have given up!
    Getting alot more jobs done now I don’t have to do as much cooking!

Typical I put sun cream on and the sun as disappeared. My smart ring does track sleep and steps but I will be much better when I get a proper ring. Some of them are really good. I hope they do my size because I have a size 12 and it’s a little tight. They send out sizing rings so you get the correct size. Don’t think I will be able to get one until August.

Afternoon All..
    Back from wedding a really good day and evening. Both of them looked lovely.
    Itā€™s strange my first time going on my own, a good 12 hours and then breakfast too. The table on the night ended up with the dog walkers from the village quite lively bunch a lot of dancing.

Charlie was very fussy to see me. I am disappointed with my dog sitters they take your money and donā€™t give them much of a walk. I shall take Charlie out early and give him the hour he deserves.
    Feeling tired now..

Dave..
    Well done loosing your 3 lbs.. I stayed the same the bit what went on came off againā€¦ eaten and drunk loads at the wedding keeping away from the scales!!!

Hedgehog..
    Glad you got the shrub hope sheā€™s ok with itā€¦ all dry here are moment. Hope your car is easy to repair..
    Got a quote for Ā£1200 for my painting for 3 1/2 days work. Tony did it in one day!ā€¦ I shall try and get a couple more quotes. Itā€™s tricky to do but not a lot of painting really..gutters, eves and fall pipesā€¦ half house of masonryā€¦my house is small..

Jean x

Good afternoon F B Brits… hope you are having a good day. Xxxx

Its really chilly here only 14 deg .. its been changeable as quite warm walking. Sitting here with sweater and light jacket on. lol

Dave very well done losing the 3lbs a good amount. I would carry on what you are doing if its doable all the time.

Slider.. How are things with you.

H H .. It sounds like you are re adjusting A change not having to make all those meals for hungry sons. … The shepherds hut sounds wonderful.

Sym.. So glad the wedding went well and ok alone..Xx ..I don’t think any of these places walk the dogs much probably don’t have much time plus a responsibility. If they are safe though with a clean place to sleep and not in a draft ..their regular food.. They will be ok.. Have a few more walks when back home to make up.

I really cant get motivated this week..For once since 18yrs old I really don’t think I will vote.. have no inclination or confidence in the offerings at all at the moment. The weather so disappointing..

This evening .. A ready meal M&S lasagne.. goes with my mood lolol.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon….”You can, you should, and if youā€™re brave enough to start, you will.” Xxxx

Hemmyā€¦
    I really think they should do more, Ā£40 for a day and two hours.. itā€™s a lot of money.
    They should be honest and say they donā€™t walk themā€¦ as itā€™s one day itā€™s not so bad, I wonā€™t use her for any longer.
    I feel like you on the voting, I think I missed one as on holiday but I always vote. I am down to 2 but nobody is worth the walk to vote!.. I really am undecided.

A jacket and cheese tonight I am not too bothered but itā€™s somethingā€¦ the boys just had his favourite scrambled egg with veggies and his kibbleā€¦

X

Don’t think I’ll vote either, it’s a forgon conclusion Labour will get in what I live, it’s been the same all my life. But if they come round canvassing I just tell them all nošŸ¤£

Evening!
    I do feel strongly that us ladies should vote after all the suffragettes went through to get it…but they are all liars & don’t do what they promise, so I shall go & as a protest spoil my ballot paper with a rude message šŸ˜‚ (not too rude though!) I think the turn out will be very low…
    Busy day- rang HomeStart families- one didn’t answer so we’ll finish with her now. Did my notes, cleaned my oven- as I’m so messy I then had to wash the floor & clean the sink…
    Another liquid FD today.
    Have a good evening šŸ„°

The Pankhurst house is a few miles away. They will know it’s you HH but the number on your ballot paper. Finally stopped raining so a dry walk.

Evening all

Iā€™ll definitely vote. Iā€™ll keep my political views to myself as I donā€™t want to step on anyoneā€™s toes, but I do hope turnout is robust. The country is crying out for things to improve, so would be bizarre if then large swathes chose not to exercise their right. Anywayā€¦.

Hemmy, thanks for asking. Going well thanks. Was going to fast today but instead did it yesterday. Iā€™d forgotten I had client seminars to attend which started with a cooked breakfast, moved on to a significant lunch, and ended with an afternoon tea! Felt great at the end of the day having had none of it.

Iā€™ve not been home to weigh in so will do it tomorrow morning. Only week one so not expecting anything really.

Have a nice evening.

Slider the first week or two you usually lose, so you should be ok. It gets more difficult the closer you get to your target weight. I’ve gained a pound since Wednesday so I’ll have to pull my socks up.

Hi Brads27. Yep, sure youā€™re right. I meant the fat loss specifically, but the overall weight fell about 2.5lbs. Iā€™m happy as thatā€™s just in 4 days, with two of them fasting.
    Once my metabolism reacts to the fasting then the fat will trim. HIIT later to speed things up.

Afternoon All..
    A lazy day late night dancing has caught up with me..
    Very cold again heating on for 4 hoursā€¦different now the prices are down cost Ā£1 difference to Ā£4..

Anyone interested tonight 8pm BBC1 life story of MM and the changes he made to us all.

Dave..
    Itā€™s a mess this voting .. I always vote but very undecided this time..but us ladies really should.

Hedgehog..
    You feel the same..we all doā€¦ no one answers any questions what are asked.. I think they should throw the lot out and start again!!! All parties!

Slider..
    Well done Slider hope you get a good result.

Have a good evening..
    Jean x

Good morning FB Brits .. hope all is well in your world. Xxxx

Its another damp start here ..so I expect another soaking while walking. lol

I have just been over to open my neighbours greenhouses for the last time today .. At least I haven’t had to do much watering this week.

looking forward to watching Trooping the colour .. Mum used to love anything with royalty .. I enjoy it too.

Weight is good staying within a pound or 2 at goal.. I have just been eating small meals .. I feel bored with it at the moment not having any fancies at all. I think it s just cooking for one .

Slider.. Well done on your loss this week .. its a good feeling.

Dave.. Its all about the election now.. I think lots will be thinking like you now..

H H .. I think I will spoil the ballot too. You are right that was a well earned vote by those wonderful brave women.

Sym… Yes I bet you were tired after the wedding.. its all the preparation before hand thats tiring.

Nana hope you had a lovely time.

Take care all … Remember to “dance in the rain.” xxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 35,551 through 35,600 (of 35,672 total)

You must be logged in to reply.